What if..... RT + Stun applies elemental ailments like crit does

Then people can shut the fuck up and no more complaining.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
Last edited by Skyforth on Nov 28, 2014, 4:37:27 AM
Sounds like a good idea, but maybe instead of limiting it to RT make it it's own node.
Better yet - remove status aliments from crit in the first place.

Currently ie shock chance is pretty much pointless as crit can do exactly the same for similar passive investment and can deal extra damage in the process.

How much %chance to freeze one can get from the teee and how much %crit can lousy dagger build get?

Flat chance to xyz are wasted nodes - one ecxeption are burn prolif RT builds (but even then RT is anti reflect measure..)
"
sidtherat wrote:
Better yet - remove status aliments from crit in the first place.

Currently ie shock chance is pretty much pointless as crit can do exactly the same for similar passive investment and can deal extra damage in the process.

How much %chance to freeze one can get from the teee and how much %crit can lousy dagger build get?

Flat chance to xyz are wasted nodes - one ecxeption are burn prolif RT builds (but even then RT is anti reflect measure..)

With just 28% chance to shock (no tree investment from shock chance), and how Arc operates, it almost feels like I am shocking almost 100% of the time. How I can tell, I am constantly keeping Herald of Thunder's lightning bolt up. I still have crit, but it is barely there, and if I do crit, that is just another way for me to shock. I know crit is out of this world, but there are still ways to cause status ailments.

Just the 25% chance to freeze from the gem is enough to freeze everything, and with the quality on them gem, I can keep mobs frozen much longer, and chilled longer. Pretty fun skill when dealing with that Necro boss from Coward's Trial.

With Oro + Mokou, and having Herald of Ash, igniting is really easy despite being RT. This boot I linked from my other character pretty much almost guaranteed to ignite something, and because of ele proliferation, everyone within the radius gets ignited too.

I am not saying you are wrong. Crit really does make it easy to cause status ailments (I got crit builds can cause freeze/ignite/and even poison mobs), but just going this route I linked, you can cause status ailments without critting, and I had not invested a single chance to shock/ignite/freeze nodes. The only investment to make this happen is having high attack speed/cast speed, and multiple projectiles/chaining to increase the chance of causing status ailments.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Another quality Skyforth thread.
"
Sa_Re wrote:

Sorry, i don't put quite as much time and effort into these threads compared to my build guides.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
"
Skyforth wrote:
"
Sa_Re wrote:

Sorry, i don't put quite as much time and effort into these threads compared to my build guides.

Just don't let dagger boy drag you down to his level. :/
This is actually a pretty good idea.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Stunlock -> Stunshock. Pretty nice ring to it, too.
Considering Stuns deal one-tenth of a Crit's Damage, you'd still get far less out of it (and you'd rather Chill than Freeze anyways), so sure, why the heck not. Powercreep the shit out of RT.
(powercreep != a good thing)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 28, 2014, 8:49:06 AM
I like the idea. But then I also like the idea of just offing elemental effects from crits entirely.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info