Unique one hand mace idea : Converting thorn damage to phys

I was thinking about a shield charge build lately and as always i was also imagining about unique items that would help those builds a lot , so the unique i am about to describe was born.

First things first , the base should DEFINITELY be the level 10 mace "Spiked Club" , not only its name is really appropriate for the unique but it also is a low level weapon with insignificant base phys damage and it would be really great "lore" wise , you start with that weak weapon and slowly as you level and acquire better gear you can cover your weak weapon with the "thorns" the gear provides , imagine a mace with nails and things like metal wire making up for most of its look.

The idea as you might understand from the tittle is to convert that useless thorn damage to flat
physical damage.Now i realize that would be OP as fuck at first glance but i think we could fix that with two simple mods Sets attack speed at one and Cannot alter attack speed.This imo would be a perfect solution for that huge flat dmg and it would resolve the problems with the weapon`s base attack speed.Hopefully that is a simple mod to implement.
Stun duration should be an obvious third stat and it should be kinda big but that is in the hands of the devs i guess. As for the stats it can end with that or add the usual filler mods like some resists or extra armor (again the idea behind it is the offense that gets fueled from defense so it would make sense at least) but it could still be okay with that .

As for overall balance i think the item would be perfectly ok , it is an item that requires investment from other items and it limits you to a really slow attack speed which cannot be altered from anything from the tree .Maybe Thorn damage converts to phys damange mod could be a % one , x% of Thorn damage converts to phys damage and decide the % by yourself having in mind all the factors.

Last thing , the name and flavour text ! Now i would really love if it could be called LUCY the SPiked Mace (Walking dead fans will get it ) but i guess a more wraeclastian name would be okay... As for flavor text i think it should be pretty obvious , it should be related to pain , powerful strikes , endurance and experience/progression which comes in the form of scaling your damage from thorns!

What do you think about it guys? Would some of you rich guys with a spare unique item creation consider to fund this , GGG...?plz..
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It would be pretty strong with thousand teeth temu :P
"
MrL3gume wrote:
It would be pretty strong with thousand teeth temu :P
teemu has reflect damage on block so no not really , thorns are different and the only item it can be op wiith this is shavs but tbh shavs has given even more absurd advantages for all this time and here we are , ll is still op +with 1 attack per second a 1 to 250 roll would not be that big of a deal

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info