An alternative for crafting

Ok, so I know frustrating it can be to blow several hundred fusings and not land your 5 link, or blow through your entire stash of chromatics and not get the exact gem combination you need. Wouldn't it be nice to have an npc that would sell you the exact crafting "mod" that you needed for a higher price than it would take you, on average, to craft the item.

For example, lets say the average chance to 5 link is 150 fusings (I don't know how accurate that is), then the npc would craft the 5 link for 200 fusings. I think I read somewhere that the average fusing cost for 6 linking is about 900, so the npc would do it for 1200, etc.

Same with jewlers and getting sockets. lets say it usually takes 5 jewlers to get a 4 socket, then the npc would do it for 7.

As for chromatics, it would offer drop down option for color combinations, and the price would scale based on the likelihood/unlikelihood of that combination coming up by using the chromatics on the item normally.

I know a lot of people, me included, have turned to trading on an external website to get the items they want rather than crafting the items themselves. This is a HUGE flaw in the game, in my opinion. If the game mechanics are so ridiculous that people are using outside resources rather than the in-game system, then something needs to be fixed.

The gambling aspect can be fun, but I personally would pay a little extra to make sure I don't walk away empty handed when crafting.

(Also, and I think this may be going too far, you could have to npc craft mods on a white item, like increased life, fire resist, energy shield, etc. and have the price scale based on the likelihood of that item rolling normally from an alchemy)

Thanks for an amazing game, GGG, keep it up!
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Vorici does some of what you're asking for - linking and colouring.
Check him out

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vorici,_Master_Assassin
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on Nov 27, 2014, 9:47:47 AM
Yeah, this is...literally how it already works :P
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
Oh, I guess I've just been away from the game for a while lol. Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info