Need advice with my tendrils+thunder herald build

so! my idea is to build a scion (level 8 atm) based on using tendrils+thunder herald. But it's been SOOOO long since i played POE that i feel stupid about the new stuff (and there is even more to come in 2 weeks!).

This is for SOFTCORE BTW

So for skills i plan using IDEALLY a 6 link armor (already have a 5 link, should craft good mods on it tho) using Tendrils - elemental proliferation - faster casting - life leech/lifegain on hit - item rarity - something else as sixt
And on another item, probably a 5linkd(or 6) staff thunder herald - reduced mana cost - item rarity - and other stuff.

As you can tell, i mostly want to get an item rarity gem on both skills (i wish they stacked i'd pretty much run 2 or 3 per skill :P).

As for defense, i'd probably get cast when damage taken with conductivity (i have a 18% one!) or elemental weakness + molten shell + decoy totem. The basic defense combo i put on ALL my chars to be honest.
I could set up a second cast when damage taken to build endurance charges or something... i have no idea.
For mobility i'd like to get a 4 link lightning warp with faster casting and reduced duration.

If you have any suggestion on gems or type of equipement (like the staff decition) please let mek now.

Also my planned skill tree, this is where i need the most help:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABAcEswVCBx4IZwj0DR8OSBEPEZYTnhRNFLAVuBa_GDwc3CHDJpUsnC19Lag1kjpYOuE8BTwoPC09X0GHQZZGcUbXSVFKyEwtTLNM_03jT69SU1VLVcZX4V3yYeJnvWpDbRluqn4zfll-r3_Ggh6DCYM4g9uLjIw2jRmQ1pMnkzqVLpYyl5WX9Jy-n9-iAKKjpJGlxKZXrJius69ssZC0DLWFtfK3PrfWvSfAVMG0wfPFisauyFvQ9di92V_bWd2M4BLhc-0g71DvfPAf8NXyRfTp-WX56P4K_o8=

I tried ot go for as much damage and life as i could get. the shadow tree would be the last to grab as i'd probably rush the witch-templar parts (and lighitng blows!)

ty for reading! i hope oyu can help me get a nice char going.
Your tree looks solid, but your gem setup is pretty weak.

If this is for boss farming you can set up a seperate link/weapon swap with rarity rather than your main skill. If this is for general farming/mapping, I would not bother with rarity unless your damage is just overkill.

For details on gems you can look up a guide, but some quick recommendations:

Tentacles-Spell Echo-Lightning Pen-Increased AoE-Conc Effect/Faster Casting

For healing/dealing with reflect, flasks op. Life leech is not needed for most builds. Prolif is not a useful support now that shock no longer stacks (it is always 50% more damage) and you will be shocking on every cast anyways.

CWDT-Enduring Cry-Immortal Call-Increased Duration

A staple of most builds nowadays, prevents you from getting instagibbed by large burst of physical damage (like rhoas) by giving you a solid 3-5+ seconds of physical immunity. Level as needed, you do not want it triggering off of small hits of elemental damage for example.

Good luck!
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1629242
"
Seinfire wrote:
Your tree looks solid, but your gem setup is pretty weak.

If this is for boss farming you can set up a seperate link/weapon swap with rarity rather than your main skill. If this is for general farming/mapping, I would not bother with rarity unless your damage is just overkill.

For details on gems you can look up a guide, but some quick recommendations:

Tentacles-Spell Echo-Lightning Pen-Increased AoE-Conc Effect/Faster Casting

For healing/dealing with reflect, flasks op. Life leech is not needed for most builds. Prolif is not a useful support now that shock no longer stacks (it is always 50% more damage) and you will be shocking on every cast anyways.

CWDT-Enduring Cry-Immortal Call-Increased Duration

A staple of most builds nowadays, prevents you from getting instagibbed by large burst of physical damage (like rhoas) by giving you a solid 3-5+ seconds of physical immunity. Level as needed, you do not want it triggering off of small hits of elemental damage for example.

Good luck!

I just prtty much love the thunder herald gema nd wanted to dos omething with it... the IIR is mostly for farming my way up to good items, when doing maps i will probably not carry it for more dps tho.

i did not know the enduring cry-immortal call worked like that with CWDT! thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info