GGG Please restore Frenzy with the 1.3 patch

Edit: Finaly an answer about the why!
In the latest state of Exile podcast Chris notes that a developer found a not yet used build that is able to abuse frenzy to a certain state that they decided to nerf it.

Now we have a reason, I understand that Frenzy will not return in its former state.
But the fact remains that the 40-42% nerf (proof 3 replies below) to the skill is to much for the Frenzy builds I know and have seen. The flat speed is also not desirable, because the extra damage increase might not cover the mana usage increase. People might prefer a lvl 1/20q instead.

Please come up with some solution GGG. It was my favourite skill. Can't you nerf the secret abusive build some other way instead of disabling every other Frenzy based build?

Edit2: It made me a little angry that Chris is so cautious to nerf 200k DPS crit, because everybody likes it and 50k Frenzy is nerfed below sea level because some developer found some unused build nobody knows yet and the few Frenzy users have to switch to some other skill. Crit anyone? I'm angry Chris! Angry!!! NERDRAGE>...

Old:
With the 1.2 patch frenzy got a huge nerf. No explaination why. Numerous complaints, but no reaction from GGG.
I think there is now enough data for GGG to see that this skill has become unused.
One simple request: Just restore the skill to its former state. It wasnt overpowered. It will not be overpowered.

Last edited by Kaw on Dec 1, 2014, 12:34:59 PM
Hummm... Am i the only one?
Nvm GGG.
"
1.2.0 This skill now has constant attack speed per frenzy charge of 5%, rather than increasing as the gem levels. Its quality bonus has been reduced from 7% attack speed to 4% attack speed per frenzy charge at 20 quality.

Let's say I have 9 frenzy charges with 20/20 frenzy. What was the increased attack speed at 9 charges before the patch 1.2.0 and what is it now?

Edit: I actually ask this because I have (and had before the patch too) a level 81 duelist with 9 charge Frenzy (frenzy @16/20) and I think my damage went slightly up with that patch...
Last edited by Grughal on Nov 30, 2014, 5:43:08 AM
"
This skill now has constant attack speed per frenzy charge of 5%, rather than increasing as the gem levels. Its quality bonus has been reduced from 7% attack speed to 4% attack speed per frenzy charge at 20 quality.

Before 1.2 @ 20/20 it was 7% increased attack speed and 7% attack speed from quality, so with 9 frenzy charges it was 207% increased attack speed. Thats (5% + 11% + 7%) * 9.
Now it is 5% flat increase attack speed and 4% attack speed from quality, so with 9 charges it is 126% increased attack speed. (5% + 5% + 4%) * 9.
Difference = 0.60 or about 40% nerf.

But I had this build: 22/20 + 24%q (from lvl 3 enhance) and 10 frenzy charges. The extra 2 levels does now nothing at all. Before the 1.2 patch it gave 12% attack speed. The quality is nerfed from 0.35% attack speed to 0.2% attack speed. So I had 5% base + 12% level + 15.4% from quality times 10 frenzy charges = 324% attack speed.

Now it is (5% + 5% + 8.8%) * 10 = 188%.
Difference = 0.58 or about 42% nerf.

Edit: It started from 5% and wend up to 12%. My calculations were wrong. Recalculated...
Last edited by Kaw on Nov 30, 2014, 6:51:06 AM
That's pretty harsh indeed. (Maybe I remade my tree so much better that I got lots more %phys and ias from tree so it eliminated the nerf...)

I understand GGG wants to limit actions made per second per client so maybe they should just increase the %phys damage Frenzy gets per charge to compensate for the nerf.

Lets say the attack speed is indeed the problem. (We don't know exactly because we don't get an explaination from GGG.) Increasing physical damage is not a solution. It starts to compete with for example heavy strike. I think a movement speed buff suits the Frenzy theme better.

I would propose re-introducing an attack speed increase while leveling the gem. (I'm not the balancing department but for example 3% increase on level 1 upto 7% on level 20?) And add a movement speed buff with a duration equal to that of the frenzy charge. Again I don't know whats balanced, but 2% per frenzy charge @ lvl 1 upto 5% @ lvl 20? Also add movement speed to the quality of frenzy, so there is a whole new reason to use the Frenzy skill!
frenzy with blood rage resulted in some SERIOUSLY stupid stuff (with soul taker as nothing else could support that)

frenzy now is a pretty fair skill. previously it was over the top.

btw - skill is popular when it is broken. this is ARPG fans' mentality and there are no better places to see that than class forums - bow builds: 80% tornado shot, 95% crit. frenzy was more costly to exploit as it needed low life blood rage bonus to 'shine' (as in - break the game engine)
"
sidtherat wrote:
frenzy with blood rage resulted in some SERIOUSLY stupid stuff (with soul taker as nothing else could support that)

btw - skill is popular when it is broken. this is ARPG fans' mentality and there are no better places to see that than class forums - bow builds: 80% tornado shot, 95% crit. frenzy was more costly to exploit as it needed low life blood rage bonus to 'shine' (as in - break the game engine)

You think every single skill every single item in the game is overtop. You have not a single clue what you are talking about most of the time other then.

''BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN''

Seriously.
I love teddy bears.
"
sidtherat wrote:

BR increases attack speed, not multiplieng it. I think you are wrong.
"

Not true. Just not true.
"
Stygian_Doll wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

You think every single skill every single item in the game is overtop. You have not a single clue what you are talking about most of the time other then.

''BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN''

Seriously.

Hes like dagger boy or w/e his name is except this time he thinks everything is OP beyond the top lol

Their was no complaints about frenzy like at all btw I've existed in the forums for quite awhile to understand that it was one of the dumbest nerfs to make it live like it's near stupid as the BoR nerf even though melee suck ass most of the time.

However BoR did get a billion complaints so that was obviously coming same with Aegis Aurora. Nobody really cried about Frenzy I promise you that however people did want other single target skills to be GOOD as frenzy I still remember that thread photographic memory is not a hard concept in my brain.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Nov 30, 2014, 8:56:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info