It takes 23.1 billion Divines on average to roll a perfect Rebuke of the Vaal

"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Grughal wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
there are too many variables preventing a good calculation - so this result may or may not be correct.
for example, are you absolutely sure Lightning Damage on the sword scales in steps of 1?

having said that... who would throw Divines at a Rebuke Of The Vaal?

Are you saying that it's a bad item?

I'm saying Divine is probably the rarest orb in the game, while RoV is far from being the rarest unique.

and while I understand some rich people's obsession to have perfect *everything* and display it in their Hideout inside a golden MTX trophy case - I'm just a mere mortal who'd be content in finding one with a good enough roll.

I know no one would use a Divine on a RoV. I'm just showing the math for how rare a perfect RoV is. Replace "Divines" with "natural drops" and you can see that the probability an UNID'd RoV is perfect is 1 / 23.1 billion.
"
holocaustus wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
It takes 23.1 billion Divines on average to roll a perfect Rebuke of the Vaal

The question is: Why would any sane person spend divines on an item as crappy as Rebuke of the Vaal?

Someone obviously never fought Atziri while wielding one. You'd be surprised.

Ähhhhhhm, what? You are right I never fought Atziri with a RoV, why would I? Is there even a build out there for RoV? Don't let me die stupid and tell me why RoV isn't a crappy weapon and why I should try to fight Atziri with it!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
again, aff1nity, I don't think you - or anyone outside GGG for that matter - have enough data to make that calculation.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Rebuke has eight (8) rolls of ten (10) different possibilities, one (1) roll of eleven possibilities, and one (1) roll of twenty (20) possibilities.

Each variance that is labelled 19-31 to 28-40 is two rolls: 19-28 (1 in 10 chance) and 31-40 (1 in ten chance). That is eight rolls in total because maximum and minimum can be different than each other, suggesting that each pair is two different rolls. The speed accounts for a single roll of eleven possibilities; from 10 to 20. The Lightning Flat damage is 1-50 to 1-70. I see that as one roll, the minimum never changes and maximum has twenty one (21) possibilities.

So, the chance to roll specific combination of number is a 1 one in (10^8)x(11^1)x(21^1) or 1 in 23.1 billion. As OP said.

As near as I can tell, not sure if my math works out.

EDIT - I realise this was broken down in the OP, but it was fun trying to post it for the possibility of seeing if GGG could come and give us any information about number bias in this case or tell us differently.
Last edited by Malpheas on Nov 25, 2014, 9:20:37 PM
"
Grughal wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
there are too many variables preventing a good calculation - so this result may or may not be correct.
for example, are you absolutely sure Lightning Damage on the sword scales in steps of 1?

having said that... who would throw Divines at a Rebuke Of The Vaal?

Are you saying that it's a bad item?

Yea it's pretty much crap actually
EDIT: I misinterpreted the OP post because the data was arranged differently from how I usually see it.

This part's still true though:
I'm not gonna comment on the validity or otherwise of any of the other assumptions made in the post.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 25, 2014, 8:13:22 PM
Wrong
Spoiler
the perfect vaal rebuke is not having a vaal rebuke... this sword sucks
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
I'm not gonna comment on the validity or otherwise of any of the other assumptions made in the post.

._.

Did I win something?

Spoiler
I do not own it

Spoiler
ggg I need 4 more points to get turkey *wink wink*
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Nov 25, 2014, 6:45:50 PM
Oh wow topic about my item :)
Yea im lucky to have it, and yea its crazy how rare it drop. And what was my surprise when some1 whispered me and linked it.
And i payed a nice amount of exalts for it but im happy having it it my collection.
Still i miss many uniques :)
Regards

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info