It takes 23.1 billion Divines on average to roll a perfect Rebuke of the Vaal

If you have a Rebuke of the Vaal with:

Adds 28–40 Physical Damage
Adds 28–40 Fire Damage
Adds 28–40 Cold Damage
Adds 1–70 Lightning Damage
Adds 28–40 Chaos Damage
20% increased Attack Speed

and can link it here, you are probably the luckiest exile.

Math below (for Rory):

The affixes on RoV are
Adds (19–31 to 28–40) Physical Damage
Adds (19–31 to 28–40) Fire Damage
Adds (19–31 to 28–40) Cold Damage
Adds (1–50 to 1–70) Lightning Damage
Adds (19–31 to 28–40) Chaos Damage
(10 to 20)% increased Attack Speed

Assuming every affix is rolled independently and the affix ranges follow a uniform distribution (i.e. 20% attack speed is as likely as 13% attack speed), there are 10 possible rolls for min damage and 10 possible rolls for max damage for each damage type except Lightning. So we have (10 * 10) ^ 4. For Lightning, there are 21 possible rolls (the interval [50, 70] has 21 integers in it). For attack speed, there are 11 possible rolls (the interval [10, 20] has 11 integers in it). The total number of possible affix combinations is ((10 * 10) ^ 4) * 21 * 11 = 23 100 000 000 = 23.1 billion.

EDIT: Looks like Kingoko has a perfect RoV (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/965143). I wonder who sold it to him and for how much.
Last edited by aff1nity on Nov 25, 2014, 3:01:43 PM
Could you please link the math for Rory ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
Lachdanan wrote:
Could you please link the math for Rory ?

(QQ + rant) * A ^ B = 23.1 billion

PS!
A = Total worth of the item you want in scroll fragments
B = RAEG level

It's not rocket science.
"Path of Exile needs a Circlejerk Subforum" -cypherrage
just flip some divines bro its not hard :^)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"

The question is: Why would any sane person spend divines on an item as crappy as Rebuke of the Vaal?
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"

The question is: Why would any sane person spend divines on an item as crappy as Rebuke of the Vaal?

Someone obviously never fought Atziri while wielding one. You'd be surprised.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
there are too many variables preventing a good calculation - so this result may or may not be correct.
for example, are you absolutely sure Lightning Damage on the sword scales in steps of 1?

having said that... who would throw Divines at a Rebuke Of The Vaal?
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
there are too many variables preventing a good calculation - so this result may or may not be correct.
for example, are you absolutely sure Lightning Damage on the sword scales in steps of 1?

Are you saying that it's a bad item?
Yet that guy kingoko I think who collects perfect uniques has 1.
"
Grughal wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:

Are you saying that it's a bad item?

I'm saying Divine is probably the rarest orb in the game, while RoV is far from being the rarest unique.

and while I understand some rich people's obsession to have perfect *everything* and display it in their Hideout inside a golden MTX trophy case - I'm just a mere mortal who'd be content in finding one with a good enough roll.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Nov 25, 2014, 2:26:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info