DomBlow Duelist [1.3] - Dual Wield Bringer of Souls - EVER WANTED 100+ MINIONS? - 71k dps non crit

My reaction when somebody crashes in a party because 200 minions

Oh yea 1.3 buffs!

ALL THE LEGACY ITEMS ARE NOT NEEDED. The "nerfed" version works just fine. You'll lose like 200 dps, woop-dee-doo.

Skill tree

Items:

Armor:

Chest is there only as a way to level up gems.

BoR is not as good as Abyssus + Daresso's Defiance/Lightning Coil/Belly of the Beast 6L but hey I haven't got the money yet.

Weapons:

Soul Taker is mandatory. Dominating Blow's cost is just too high to try to sustain without it. Other weapon is at your discretion. I found the cheapest weapon with decent dps I could buy. Plus it's a sword so I can leap slam and whirling blades at the same time.

Jewelery:

Rare ring I got from farming dom, really only there to cover resists. Daresso's amulet because I can, and other amulets cost too much for me. Ming's heart is really good deeps and mitigates a lot of reflect. I'm running death rush because it makes me tankier and I move super fast.

Flasks:
Legacy hype

Movement flasks are a no-brainer. One healing flask is really all I've ever needed. Promise is for added dps and Rumi's is very good on any melee build.

Screenshots:

DPS:
normal:

fully buffed:

71k dps bro

Defense:

NEW 1.3:

Dry peninsula
Precinct

Build in action (NOT 1.3 but still useful):
Non-speed Gorge run
Strand doesn't even stand a chance
This is why the build can't be played on potatoes or laptops (Fracturing Necropolis Map)
Another Strand because the layout is nice
Dry Peninsula run
Academy
Fracturing crema
Last edited by Humble_Canadian on Apr 1, 2015, 3:28:56 PM
build is really effective up to 77 maps. Need some tips to survive those op spellcasters.
Last edited by Humble_Canadian on Nov 25, 2014, 6:47:11 PM
Any idea on how to optimize the skill tree? It's still pretty optimized but could be more.

Also, got a legacy BoR, not really much of a difference though, just a bit more life.

RIP block, not like this build used it

We got a huge buff.
for all you lurkers here's a 1.3 update! we got buffed, yay!
why so much attack speed instead damage?
"
xRodragoNx wrote:
why so much attack speed instead damage?

sorry for the late reply! I built attack speed because it gives huge movement buff for leap slam and whirling blades, and frankly, because it's hilarious. I got most of the dual-wield damage on my way around the tree. Once I get a GG rare as a weapon I will respec in specific sword damage clusters and goodness.

With full haste buff from mob + party member + vaal haste and my onslaught I've clocked 20-22 something attacks per second. It was hilarious.
bumperino
How about Atziri?
"
FlyingColt wrote:
How about Atziri?

you'd have to switch to ranbowstrides and stone of lazhwar to be more survivable, and since minions are useless during the boss fight, using heavy strike would be better, so yes it's viable (I've done it) but it's incredibly boring and not the point of the build (which is clearing maps).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info