Currency Ratios and common sense (mainly about exalts)

Okay people I have snapped, it bogs my mind how incredibly dumb people are when it comes to exalts. On one hand if someone is dumb enough to trade an exalt for say 200 chromes or fusing or whatever than so be it. But if your the one selling the lower currency stop trying to get pissed that the person on the other end actually uses their head.

For example for those who lack this common sense let me break it down for you...

(sorry if some of the ratio's are off but you will get the idea)

Chaos 34 : 1 Exalt

Chromatic 8:1 Chaos or 220:1Exalt that right there makes no sense as 1 exalt should be at least 276 chrome.

So the chromes are obviously dumb to buy at 1 Exalt so lets go to the hting that really REALLY chaps my ass.

Fusing 1:2 Chaos or 40:1 Exalt

Fusing orb sellers may be the dumbest around period just based on the simple math. at 2:1 and ex being 1:34c that makes an exalt worth 68c give or take a few depending on how much you value c to e.

So in conclusion. Stop buying this stuff for exalts period your ripping yourself off. And if your the one trying to sell for an exalt pull your head out of your ass when someone won't pay your mathmatically ripped off prices
Toss a Chaos to your Leader
OH Red Maps a Plenty
oh Red Maps a Plenty
OHHH
"
lunaticwoda wrote:
Okay people I have snapped, it bogs my mind how incredibly dumb people are when it comes to exalts. On one hand if someone is dumb enough to trade an exalt for say 200 chromes or fusing or whatever than so be it. But if your the one selling the lower currency stop trying to get pissed that the person on the other end actually uses their head.

For example for those who lack this common sense let me break it down for you...

(sorry if some of the ratio's are off but you will get the idea)

Chromatic 8:1 Chaos or 220:1Exalt that right there makes no sense as 1 exalt should be at least 276 chrome.

So the chromes are obviously dumb to buy at 1 Exalt so lets go to the hting that really REALLY chaps my ass.

Fusing 1:2 Chaos or 40:1 Exalt

Fusing orb sellers may be the dumbest around period just based on the simple math. at 2:1 and ex being 1:34c that makes an exalt worth 68c give or take a few depending on how much you value c to e.

So in conclusion. Stop buying this stuff for exalts period your ripping yourself off. And if your the one trying to sell for an exalt pull your head out of your ass when someone won't pay your mathmatically ripped off prices

Why are you crying? if you want to buy 275 chromes at chaos price, that is your choice, obviously, you can wait all day long, mayb you will get lucky. Most normal people on the other hand don't want to wait all day or many days to do their crafting/socketing needs, so they pay bulk price, at Exalt rates. Its not that complicated, its realy simple, sad that it made you crack over such a common sense activity. Maybe stay away from trading for awhile, as it is obviously to much for you to handle, ROFL.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
You charge what the market will pay... anything else is communism. I'll be damned if I lost a leg in a movie theatre popcorn accident while watching Platoon just so we can give up our economy to Johnny Red-Shorts now.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Nov 24, 2014, 11:28:20 PM
First guy clearly has a reading comprehension problem.. Johnny Red Shorts? LOL
OH Red Maps a Plenty
oh Red Maps a Plenty
OHHH
wikipedia economists unite
anything is everything
"
lunaticwoda wrote:
First guy clearly has a reading comprehension problem.. Johnny Red Shorts? LOL

sorry no reading problem here, BTW only clueless, desperate, and idiots sell at chaos rates, because the REAL rates are defined as per exalts. That is the base rate that you should be going by.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
OP has discovered currency resellers on the tradeboard.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
just putting this out there:

vendor recipes for all orbs = no currency flipper problem.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
lunaticwoda wrote:

Fusing 2:1 Chaos or 40:1 Exalt

The one's I've bolded are the prices that are wrong.

If Chromes are 220:1 ex and chaos are 34:1 ex, then chromes would be about 6.5:1 chaos.

If Fusings are 40:1 ex and chaos are 34:1 ex, then fusings would be about 5:4 chaos.

If you're trying to buy currency with chaos, you should be using ratios more like these.

Think about it from the point of view of the person selling the chromes or fusings. If I can sell 40 fusings for an ex and then sell that ex for 34 chaos, isn't that better than selling my 40 fusings for 20 chaos? Why should I sell for chaos at such a horrid ratio?

Most people I've seen trying to buy other orbs with chaos are really trying to rip people off. Things like 8:1 on chroms or 2:1 on fusings are robbery when you see the ex prices.

If I could buy fusings with chaos like that, I could make constant profit. Lets say I started with 20 chaos, and traded them for 40 fusing. I then sell that 40 fusing for an ex and then buy 34 chaos with it.
Look! 14 chaos in profit.

If you actually try this, you'll find there's little trouble selling the fusings or the ex, but buying the fusings at 2:1 chaos is nearly impossible.

TL;DR
OP, you've got the ratios completely backwards. Ratios to lower orbs should be defined by the ex ratio, not your random ripoff chaos exchange rates.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
"
lunaticwoda wrote:

Fusing 2:1 Chaos or 40:1 Exalt

The one's I've bolded are the prices that are wrong.

If Chromes are 220:1 ex and chaos are 34:1 ex, then chromes would be about 6.5:1 chaos.

If Fusings are 40:1 ex and chaos are 34:1 ex, then fusings would be about 5:4 chaos.

If you're trying to buy currency with chaos, you should be using ratios more like these.

Think about it from the point of view of the person selling the chromes or fusings. If I can sell 40 fusings for an ex and then sell that ex for 34 chaos, isn't that better than selling my 40 fusings for 20 chaos? Why should I sell for chaos at such a horrid ratio?

Most people I've seen trying to buy other orbs with chaos are really trying to rip people off. Things like 8:1 on chroms or 2:1 on fusings are robbery when you see the ex prices.

If I could buy fusings with chaos like that, I could make constant profit. Lets say I started with 20 chaos, and traded them for 40 fusing. I then sell that 40 fusing for an ex and then buy 34 chaos with it.
Look! 14 chaos in profit.

If you actually try this, you'll find there's little trouble selling the fusings or the ex, but buying the fusings at 2:1 chaos is nearly impossible.

TL;DR
OP, you've got the ratios completely backwards. Ratios to lower orbs should be defined by the ex ratio, not your random ripoff chaos exchange rates.

"Think about it from the point of view of the person selling the chromes or fusings. If I can sell 40 fusings for an ex and then sell that ex for 34 chaos, isn't that better than selling my 40 fusings for 20 chaos? Why should I sell for chaos at such a horrid ratio"

Well thats my point right there. Fusing are worth 2:1 so at 40:1ex your basically valuing an exalt at 20c which obviously no one will sell an Exalt for 20 chaos. So why rip your self off by valuing your exalt so poorly... Which is my whole point to this. People shouldnt buy chrome/fusing with exalt unless they go by what exalt is truely valued at which is 30-35c depending on the day so trade your exalt for 60-70 fusing. If people want to give exalts at those prices so be it. Ill go buy 40 fusing for 20 chaos. Than use the exalt to get the 34c. than use the 34c and spend 20 to buy 40 more fusing etc etc.
OH Red Maps a Plenty
oh Red Maps a Plenty
OHHH

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info