A Permanent (HC) Endless Ledge League

Here we are between leagues once again and I find myself uninspired to play. I open the game, get to the character selection screen and after a minute or so I then quit. I do not want to play standard. In fact all bar one of my characters there I have deleted and even that character is running around starkers. I do not want to start a new character as it would take an age to find anything for them in the stash that I cannot be bothered to spend the required 30+ hours to organise.

Personally I favour a style of play that is primarily solo but with some partying with a couple of family members on occasion. I do not think that I have ever traded outside of this group (we swap/give gear to each other freely) except on occasion giving stuff to other players to help them out.

So considering all this I realised that what I really want is for a non-race, permanent endless ledge league to exist. This would create the opportunity to challenge oneself to see how far you could go. Ideally this would be permenent in that you could play the same character in multiple game sittings, restarting the highest level that you had achieved on return.

If it cold be modified for party play that could prove to be interesting as well.

IMO this could be either a challenging long term option or a fun way to spend the 15 minutes that many find to be the only spare time in the day.

If at the time of your death you could get some form of scorecard that would be even better as would creating permanent league tables for overall best and best in class.
Sir ,you have my attention

This can be also the PoE HC Sandbox ... trying builds that could work in the upcoming HC leagues.
Last edited by htblind on Nov 24, 2014, 5:07:33 PM
Love it. Count me in!
I want one.
Yes, great idea. I am actually stuck in the same rut - I log in now, do my dailies and I can't even be bothered to share them - I normally get only 1 or 2 people and they only tag along for loot. I sort out some items and log off.

It'd be awesome to have these HC leagues to test and challenge oneself without breaking the economy. A bit like an arcade version of PoE to play during downtime or when available playing time is short.
D1 - PvM D2 - PvM/PvP D3 - MvM (Money vs Monster)
constant chat topic in pre ledge lobby.

i mean like EVERY TIME.

tbh its all i want from this game atm, too.
Make it HAPPEN GGG ! :) I`ll buy 5 more stash tabs , promise !
"
karaknic wrote:
A bit like an arcade version of PoE to play during downtime or when available playing time is short.

Parallel thinking. I was just off at the movies and I had the thought that maybe it could be called Arcade-mode or Arcade League. However if you called it that you wouldn't make it truly HC but instead give us 3 lives so that it followed the traditional rules of Arcade games.
Alternately, if one simply wanted a pacing mechanic, instead of true HC that a death (or 3, or whatever) would simply render that character unplayable for a day. (rather than playable immediately in standard) Might make things interesting.

Would allow for a sort of mini-race/ladder each day, to count how much distance anyone had managed to cover that one day.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
You know that I was only joking about the 3 lives bit right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info