Someone correct me if I'm wrong - Reaver Axe

I think I'm doing the math right...

{(34+25)*3.49 } - Highest possible Min damage before quality, correct? Quality adds 11.8 with Flaring at highest roll: 217.71 hightest lower bound damage on axe.

{(101+45)*3.49 } - Highest possible Max damage before quality, correct? Quality adds 29.2 with Flaring at highest roll: 538.74 highest upper bound damage on axe.

I do not know where Path of Exile rounds numbers off, so my numbers may be off or I have the calculation incorrect in the first place. So, (217 - 538)/2*1.39 (with Celebration) =~ 524.725 pDps seems like a boatload of damage off of a 1hand weapon.

Why hasn't anyone crafted one of these yet? Reflect or purely attack speed?
Even if it's possible, you can get better DPS from Foils and Daggers due to their attack speed. The higher attack speed also allows for more procs from Auras.

I think Siege Axes would be better, if you're intent on using an axe, though.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Nop and ...nop...its all about those small and fast crit`s.

For example : ( numbers totally random , but you will get it )

You have a 2000 dps 2 hander at 1.2 attack speed with a crit build ... you hit really fucking hard , maybe one shotting some bosses if you are lucky and get a crit in the first 2 seconds :)) ...but till you land that hit at 1.2 attack speed you will get your life sucked out faster than you can heal it...

If you have a 1000 dps 2 hander at 2.3 attack speed with a crit build...you hit really fucking fast , having a bigger chance because of the attack speed to land a crit... and your life replenish like a sinusoidal signal if your gear is like average and has a flat line when you have mirrored shit ....so survivability higher then 2 handers , another reason is a free defender slot - shield ...

I know that a dagger and a shield looks silly and nobody in the real world history never used this combo in fights ... it`s more like a sword and shield , never a dagger and shield... poe is unique :)) no pants ...

Siege Axe would be 210 min to 398 max with 1.9 AS giving it a total DPS of ~ 578. That is better than a Reaver Axe for Damage Per Second.

I guess it is all about attack speed in the end. :(
Shame. I feel like GGG should give these low speed high attack weapons their place in the spotlight.
Dem metal chickens
Low attack speed weapons also loose compared to high as weapons when adding phys from other gear... example, BoR + 2rings, amulette and gloves ^^

The dpS is such a big different when using high AS. I always was thinking about the pros of low as weapons because of armour mechanics, but the dmg per hit doesnt become that high difference at the end because of phys from gear.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious, but I am, so that's the way it comes out...
Last edited by Kentan_ on Nov 24, 2014, 5:22:51 PM
it all depends on what you are going to use the weapon for. To cause burn, either directly or indirectly with herald of ash, requires hits with high damage independent of attack speed.

To use added flat damage, from gear or auras/heralds, you will do better with high attack speed.

If you want to freeze and chill you will be doing well with somewhere in between. The higher the cold damage the longer the freeze or chill until you reach maximum freeze/chill duration or whatever duration fits your play style.

Shocking without crit, ie static blows or any other source of chance to shock, requires a relatively high amount of lightning damage. Using lightning strike with a reaver axe will result in maximum duration shock. A jeweled foil might do the same if we are talking about the max physical rolls on the weapon. So in the case of shock the foil is the better weapon. However, if you want to shock And burn then the reaver axe is the winner.

For stun, the reaver axe is obviously the better choice.

The reason you see more weapons with higher attack speed is because people like to see a high DPS number in the character screen/tool tip and/or because builds utilizing flat added damage are currently more popular. During the Domination league, for example, high physical damage two handed weapons were the more popular ones.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info