Something Different: Things POE does really well.

All the negativity in the forums is getting pretty old.

Not everybody is negative, but its pretty rare to see a truly positive post, and that's just not right.

Maybe if we made some positive posts we could improve the General Discussion's atmosphere a bit.

I'll start off with something Poe does well.

FLASKS

Flasks work so nicely in Poe.

In the quality of life department I don't have to run around picking up hundreds of flasks, storing them, sorting them, etc....

I can craft them to work with any build reasonably, they are plentiful, and come in a wide assortment, and can be generally boosted with baubles.

Functionally they work great, I still have to pay some attention to them - more or less attention depending on build - but not overbearingly so in any situation I have encountered.
They recharge at a reasonable rate, fast enough they work well, but not so fast they can always be ignored.

Next...
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are.
having an endgame
Fishing.
Ambiance
Story
Build diversity
Itemization
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
Everything else is meh especially the skills in this game.

However, there's one thing I really like about this game...the small community, always helpful and kind to me...(ofc there are some....weird players too but I love them anyway)
The expansive skill tree. If the posters on this forum are to be believed there's only, like, 3 "correct" ways to spec, but as the Build of the Week series shows, there are always people who try out new and unexpected combinations, and have them end up working pretty well.
#1 rule of official forum boards of every video game ever: use the forums to relay info, gather suggestions, or the rare narrow-focused Poll; but NEVER as "feedback".

#2 rule: Never say the #1 rule in an official capacity. Let some guy on the forums say it, leaving yourself plausible deniability.
I think GGG does 90% of the things right - and this is exactly the reason why we bitch all the time - cause we're spoiled by them and always expect the most out of their product.

Think about it - people take time out of their lives to go to forum and complain about something - if they hated the game, wouldn't they just simply 'not play the game'.

Instead, they feel compelled to play the game because of how awesome it is, but since some things get in a way of them enjoying it to its full potential, they take their time and effort in order to influence GGG to make corrections needed for the full enjoyment.

And it makes sense - if you're spending 12 hours a day doing one thing, you have the time to find out about smalles of negativities of the product, and naturally, you'd want to have these 12 hours as enjoyable as it can get.
I like the flask system as well.

Spoiler
However, imo, 12x flasks in the life/mana flask progression seems a little much; that is basically 4x flask "tiers" per difficulty. Also, 3x life/mana (also hybrid) flask item arts are reused in their progressions, so there are actually 9x unique looking life/mana flasks out of 12x.
Also,

Spoiler
Lightning Arrow's wall-shot effect; love it.
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
RNG

We all had this moment when you are in a losing streak vs rng, lost all jews on your Cloak of Defiance and still didn't 6s, used 200 fuses on a 6s and not even 5L, try to chrom 4 off on a Regalia and after 300 its still all blue, crafts ES% on Elreon Bench and get 5% twice in a row :(... Then the next 66 map you decide to do just to get a few alts and randomly you get an Occultist Vestment unique drop.. you hover over it. and its not a troll mantle.

Rinse and repeat this neverending cycle :). The unseen gamble is real, and its very very addicting.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
"
AlteraxPoe wrote:
All the negativity in the forums is getting pretty old.

Not everybody is negative, but its pretty rare to see a truly positive post, and that's just not right.

Maybe if we made some positive posts we could improve the General Discussion's atmosphere a bit.

I'll start off with something Poe does well.

FLASKS

Flasks work so nicely in Poe.

In the quality of life department I don't have to run around picking up hundreds of flasks, storing them, sorting them, etc....

I can craft them to work with any build reasonably, they are plentiful, and come in a wide assortment, and can be generally boosted with baubles.

Functionally they work great, I still have to pay some attention to them - more or less attention depending on build - but not overbearingly so in any situation I have encountered.
They recharge at a reasonable rate, fast enough they work well, but not so fast they can always be ignored.

Next...

GGG has perfected the art of using desync as a way to claim PoE is more hardcore than any other arpg. I'd swear that the GGG PR people were former political campaign managers with this kind of spin.

GGG has also perfected the art of bi-polarizing arpg players. It's a love or hate attitude toward PoE with no neutral zone.

But enough with the troll bs. Yes, I agree that flasks beats any other health potion spamming mechanic 100%. Other PoE game features that works well is the passive tree and (to steal a quote) "the freedom to innovate". Theory and build crafting is tops here, no other arpg comes anywhere close. Along the same lines is the ability for any character class to use any weapon. There are no class specific weapons to stifle build diversity. Finally, the no gold approach to the economy is a nice break from the gold standard of the other arpg's.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info