Disappearing items

Hello, i have recently picked up playing this game with my cousin a few weeks ago and we have amassed a good bit of gear, him more so than I. Now, the other day he logs on to find that a good portion of his items in his stash have vanished. Weird thing is, is that it doesn't seem random at all it was very specific gear that disappeared all ranger items and exalts. Is there any reason this may have happened? I've heard this company isn't the best at resolving serious community issues such as this even when the player has purchased hundreds of dollars in micro-transactions such as himself, i was wondering if there might be an explanation as to why this happened at the very least.
"
Mordiez wrote:
Hello, i have recently picked up playing this game with my cousin a few weeks ago and we have amassed a good bit of gear, him more so than I. Now, the other day he logs on to find that a good portion of his items in his stash have vanished. Weird thing is, is that it doesn't seem random at all it was very specific gear that disappeared all ranger items and exalts. Is there any reason this may have happened? I've heard this company isn't the best at resolving serious community issues such as this even when the player has purchased hundreds of dollars in micro-transactions such as himself, i was wondering if there might be an explanation as to why this happened at the very least.

If items just turn up missing and they aren't in a crafting bench and the player didn't sell them, the only other option is that someone else accessed the account. This can be either someone else in the household, or a hacker.

I take it your cousin is not using the Steam launcher for PoE? Did they have the security for the unlock emails disabled? If not, check the email attached to the account and look in the trash for used Unlock Code emails from other places.

If it has been hacked, my recommendation is to either use the Steam launcher instead which has different security (and not completely safe from the same email attack), or set up 2-factor authentication on the email account (which you should probably have anyway).

Enabling 2-factor authentication means that in order to get into the account, the other party would need physical access to the attached device (whether it be a phone number, or txt message, or authenticator app on the phone/tablet).

Finally I wanted to address this comment directly:
"
Mordiez wrote:
I've heard this company isn't the best at resolving serious community issues such as this even when the player has purchased hundreds of dollars in micro-transactions such as himself

I'm not sure what you've "heard", but the support in this game is TOP NOTCH. They respond very quickly and work within their powers (and within reason) to satisfy the players. That said, they DO NOT restore items or characters... ever. This is not uncommon however. The reason they do not restore items/characters is that it would require a lot of investigation to rule out fraud and to keep the market in check. They don't have the support or other resources to be able to track down EVERY missing item complaint to replace it. So for the sake of the game's economy and to make better use of their time, they have a zero restore policy. It doesn't matter how much money the player has purchased in MTX. Each customer is the same.

Good luck with your cousin's account and I hope you get it figured out.

If you would like support to also look and see if the account was accessed by a 3rd party, send an email to the address in the Contact Support link at the top of the page and they can look into that for you. As I said, they are very quick and will be able to rule out access as a possibility quite quickly if it is the case (or confirm it otherwise).

Cheers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info