I saw a fun build, like none other

So tired of everyone being MoM/RF or COC or Tornado or max block these days.

A couple fun builds I've observed lately:

1. Stun lock duelist. A mace char that can stun lock even map bosses, and stun lock them forever. Absolutely precious in every party. Might be fashionable in the next league, assuming rebalances in that tree.

2. Proliferation Cold Snap perma freezer. Guy would just freeze entire maps, even bosses on cold resist maps. It was like fighting against a teracota army.

3. Triple searing bond soul mantle totem templar. That one was real fun. Each time you place your totems, you have a math problem in front of you, how to cross streams in a way that maximizes damage against a group of opponents. Your team has to learn to move accordingly, so they lure mobs into beams too. Good DPS, fun to play with.

Anything cool you saw lately?
Time Stopper (think that was the name), crit lightning tendrils build with 3 dragons.

Basically permafreezes with fast hits and crits from tendrils.
Looks fun.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
You should know Searing Bond can't "cross the beams" so to speak. 1 beam or 50, same damage per sec.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
I didn't know that (never used that skill past fun and lols on normal). But still, with three, you get to hit monster groups better. I played with the guy in lunaris and he was doing good work covering whole big rooms. :-)
Stun not so good anymore, infact some bosses (atziri) are stun immune.
ign KlearSpeed

1.3 Torment - Scion Kinetic Build Guide (HC Viable)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1146976
Looks like some 1 year old builds
U can add dual apeps incinerate or dual catalyst crit molten strike, made both, both super fun :)

I made a crit/molten of my own, with the above. Super fun. And like none other, since it's my own top secret 200k dps design. :-)
Last edited by delray on Nov 23, 2014, 4:53:13 PM
One fun variation on Soul Mantle Searing Bond is to have one or two lightning warp totems as part of the three. You can use static blows and elemental equilibrium to scale the searing bond damage, and the warping totems hop all over the place putting the beams onto mobs. It's chaotic, noisy and not very party friendly but it does work! I got a build like that into maps before the searing bond damage buff happened ages ago. It would be quite a bit stronger in the current meta but I haven't got around to doing it again yet. Also the Soul Mantle curses are a pain, one day they WILL kill you :)
Glacial Hammer with crit, proliferate, and splash. Using all 3 heralds (Herald of Ash in Doryani's for proliferating ignite) and Hatred. 26K dps without power charges (using Assassin's Mark) and 29k with 3 power charges. One shots most mobs, including rares. I swap out splash and proliferate for Crit Damage and Melee Physical for bosses (hits 51k tooltip without power charges). Definitely a glass cannon and desynch is abundant, but the proliferated freezes make it relatively safe to play.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info