Scam Story's

They've always amused me.. today I see someone selling Berek's Respite 85 ex(worth 25ex) Then I see someone else trading Atziri gloves(worth 200ex) for Berek's..

amazing...

anyone else have storys to tell? :)
Last edited by neonive on Nov 23, 2014, 2:45:40 PM
One time GGG had this awesome hardcore game and I supported them and they made it all casual n stuffs :(

Didnt get a screenshot though, rookie mistake.
"just for try, for see and for know"
"
neonive wrote:
They've always amused me.. today I see someone selling Berek's grip 85 ex(worth 25ex) Then I see someone else trading Atziri gloves(worth 200ex) for Berek's..

amazing...

That's not a scam, people assign different values to different items. It's not like they are tricking anyone into buying it for that price. Keep in mind that the league changes will deeply influence the economies, and that there are a lot of people who don't blindly follow what shops in the forums value items at (they don't use xyz as a price guide).
"
ionface wrote:
"
neonive wrote:
They've always amused me.. today I see someone selling Berek's grip 85 ex(worth 25ex) Then I see someone else trading Atziri gloves(worth 200ex) for Berek's..

amazing...

That's not a scam, people assign different values to different items. It's not like they are tricking anyone into buying it for that price. Keep in mind that the league changes will deeply influence the economies, and that there are a lot of people who don't blindly follow what shops in the forums value items at (they don't use xyz as a price guide).

Its a pretty common 2 party scam though..

Someone buys the bereks to try and buy the acuity, then the guys friend suddenly doesnt have the acuity for trade.

They split the 60 ex and laugh at the guy trying to make a quick buck.

I guess its not a scam by definition, but its a scam.
"just for try, for see and for know"
"
ionface wrote:
"
neonive wrote:

amazing...

You are correct, but theres a line crossed when you could buy multiple's of one item for quadruple times cheaper... its not worth the original price. But ya prices are like water and such :)

**originally I said 'Berek's Grip' I meant 'Respite' I edited it, hope there was no confusion
Last edited by neonive on Nov 23, 2014, 2:46:51 PM
I see, you were trying to describe a confidence trick like a pigeon drop. That's not really the case here, but exploiting people's greed is allowed in Wraeclast, and not against the ToU.
"
ionface wrote:
I see, you were trying to describe a confidence trick like a pigeon drop. That's not really the case here, but exploiting people's greed is allowed in Wraeclast, and not against the ToU.

Scam has always been a part of any game with an economy.
pretends to have untainted, does not have untainted.
People who 'accidentally' put the wrong(read poorly rolled) item in the trade window make me sad.

Sometimes it can/does happen by accident but wow it seems to happen a lot.
I've seen that haha.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Nov 23, 2014, 8:20:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info