dual apep cherrubim mings heart ek build(theorycraft)

Hi guys, Im naura from garena server and would like some help in theorycrafting a build which is based on ZiggyD's ethereal knives build (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSj-3O7ojJE) but i have another variant that i think will work as well.(i dont have any items here in the server so im sorry if i cant show them)

well the name says it all, its a build that uses 2 apep's rage,cherrubim and specially a mings heart.
the other variant is using the unique sword from edge of madness great sword from beyond league(not sure what skill to use but probably spectral throw or viper strike)

http://web.poe.garena.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAx4EBwVCBiMHHg2NDkgRlha_GYoajxzcHaofQR_HIvQmlSoLKjgreCycLUctgy2LLagxnjWSOlhBlkSrRnFJE0lRSshLCkyzTeNQMFBCUq9VS1WuVcZaUlv0XfJhBmHiY0NknWf8aoxsC20ZbqpvnnBScLtw1XcHghCDCYPbhxOJ04ngjDaPpo_6kx-TJ5UulwabXZu1nKSi2aZXqJqpNKlurrOw2LGQtAy1SLXyt9a32btNu-PDOsSiyBTKStDQ0PXYvdtZ217dX9-w4YjmWOv17Bjw1fId8pfy4fPq9W_22vsJ_o_-ug==

this is the passive tree i thought of for the dual apeps rage. hope that you can help me on this build since i would love to have a chaos damage build that will work and is end game viable

as you can see, starting as the scion is the best and easiest way for me since i can reach the vaal pact quite easily.
Last edited by chloris143 on Nov 23, 2014, 12:35:24 PM
could work, but do you think 106% incresed life from tree is enough? 2 mings harts would make it 76%.. + only little block could result in bad survivability
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Nov 23, 2014, 12:51:48 PM
hm im only using 1 mings heart (2 reasons, low stock in garena and i cant take the 30 percent reduced life) and im going for the vaal pact with high leech rate, i can drop it if i can buy or farm an acuity but for now, not sure whether the idea is good or the passive tree is good enough
Vaal pact wont prevent you from being one-shotted. Vaal pact also makes leech instant so there is no longer any leech rate involved

yeap one of my worries are being one shot by bosses. so im asking you guys what should i do._.
* get more life

* you have only little armor, evasion, and block. I think you should drop cherubims (its best mod does nothing in combination with vaal pact anyways) and use Lightning coil or Cloak of defiance. You also could use Eldtritch battery and Arctic Armour

* chaos damage passives are a waste, It would be much better to get passives that increase whole damage, not only chaos part. Which is projectile and spell damage, and cast speed

* do you have high level char to respec or planning a new one? 116 points is way too many to plan with (you should plan with ~100 points), you would probably never reach lvl 96-100 (especially with low HP and defences)
thanks let me try to plan a new one, it would be nice if you can help me plan a better passive

exactly 100 points

http://web.poe.garena.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAx4EBwVCBiMHHgj0DY0OSA-rFr8ZihqPHNwfQR_HIvQmlSoLKjgreCycLYstqDGeNZI6WEGWRKtGcUlRSshLCkyzTeNQMFM1VUtVrlXGWlJd8mEGYeJjQ2SdakNsC20ZbqpvnnBScNV3B3_GghCCHoMJg9uHE4hCidOMNo-mj_qTJ5Uum12btZykpleomqk0qW6us7GQsw60DLVItfK31rfZvOrAVMHFwzrKStD12L3bC9tZ217fsOv17Bjw1fId8pfz6vba-wn-jw==

for COD EB artic armor ,since you asked me to get more life, i did and i have not gotten the melding cluster.
Last edited by chloris143 on Nov 24, 2014, 12:50:24 AM
I think Vaal Pact is a waste of points here. You don't have to worry about reflect from Chaos damage, and EK, even when used in a crit build, doesn't often deal enough damage to kill with reflect... at least if you have Arctic Armour or endurance charges, some kind of damage mitigation chest, or spell block. I have zero problem with physical reflect in my EK build, although I have to be a little careful with elemental reflect (depending on my gear) since I have a lot of aura/buff boosts.

I dunno about Ming's Heart. I want to love that ring, but the decreased life and energy shield is significant.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
I would drop ming's, life penalty hurts a lot. If you really want to use it you may counter the drawback by getting Belly chest. Chaos damage nodes suck, you get more from generic Phys/spell/projectiles nodes. Depending on your build Vaal Pact might be a good idea but generally it is not needed. With dual apeps you will need to invest a lot in mana regen from the tree and on gear (Played dual apeps Ice Spear in Rampage) to be comfortable.

Coincidentally my starting character in new league will be EK Shadow/Witch. I Will be aiming at getting some crit (hard to pass by) but getting good defences up will be my priority. Going to try out IR for the first time with AA and Belly of the Beast or Lightning coil. Here is the tree for shadow (witch would take spell damage nodes instead of phys)

Mad

I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info