surprised about no qq about Vaal Temple

this map is one of the most generous ones in the game (even though you can consider yourself very lucky if you manage to get more than 6 mods on it). rooms are spacious and filled with mobs and even with kinda lowish (for the most time) iiq this map still has relatively good drops and im not even talking about great xp gains.

those things change when it comes to boss room. let me tell you straight away - if you are not melting everything in this game within 1-3 seconds, chances are high you will end up dead fast. i recall when i rolled vaal temple for the very first time when i even didnt know about whats in the end and as i entered "arena", i got two shot lol.

that trio is a very good example of what awaits you in the abyss if you think you are ready for it. thats not the bad thing. the bad thing is their loot table - its pathetic for such a hard fight for most chars (unless again you are rolling with godlike gear etc so then you are good to go). after killing all 3 of them you are left with item quanitity of probly ~100 iiq palace dominus which really isnt good. my srs scion is squishy as rat, if it werent for insane srs damage i managed to squeeze i would always be skipping that room.

this isnt a qq thread, nor it is a suggestion to increase their drops. i understand lvl 79 map is an optional thing and is made only for people who can more or less do the end game content with very little or no stress left alone that you have to spend additional currency to even get that little chance of rolling this map.

just surprised that it seems very few people entered vaal temple because you see qq about orchard, torture chamber, jungle valley (this one deserves all the qq however), necropolis, crematorium and sometimes others but im yet to see a thread related to this map
"Individuation ends when emptiness and form become one" Carl Gustav Jung
Please, don't open QQdora's Box. It ain't pretty.

PS!
Unless you want to play some Trawl Poker. In that case, count me in! ^_^
"Path of Exile needs a Circlejerk Subforum" -cypherrage
Same could be said about most map bosses though, not just Vaal Temple, and there has been plenty of QQ about that.
In terms of difficulty, I think we should leave it where it is. I personally enjoy this fight. It requires presence of mind and a tactic that you execute. I would imagine this fight is super easy for a character who has 20 seconds of Immortal call but I have never tried it so i am just speculating. In any case, I think you need to be clear on what strengths and weaknesses your character has before going into this fight and execute whatever tactic you have planned which is a good thing challenge wise.

The loot, however, is of course just as every other boss (except Atziri) random. I am for adding specific loot to these guys much in the same way specific loot drops from Atziri.
Question! Has anyone combined 5 of these at a vendor to get back a craftable 79?
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
Question! Has anyone combined 5 of these at a vendor to get back a craftable 79?

i tried three but not five - no map. spawned krillson though

Last edited by dealer13 on Nov 23, 2014, 2:07:34 PM
"
dealer13 wrote:

just surprised that it seems very few people entered vaal temple because you see qq about orchard, torture chamber, jungle valley (this one deserves all the qq however), necropolis, crematorium and sometimes others but im yet to see a thread related to this map

Orchard = insane map for its ridiculously low tier. simply put, no one in their right mind would run it at the point in game where they started mapping and doing 66s.

Torture Chamber = uncapped lighting resistance and you die. over-capped, and you live long enough to dash for the closest pillar. no way to dodge the actual beam because it locks in on you. killing squids smacks you with Storm Herald on your location... I think you get the point.
again, insane for its tier and assuming your char is already capable of doing higher maps.

Jungle Valley = really, I don't need to elaborate. there are level 90+ guys with awesome gear who died to this. again, only a mid-low tier map.

Necropolis = well... not a crazy map for its tier to be honest, until you roll any mods that make the boss stronger, or worse - multiply.
the thing about "new and improved" Merveil, is she can make your GPU explode.
combine that with two of her, plus a tiny arena filled with monsters, plus mid-high map damage that wasn't there in Graveyard or Maelstrom Of Chaos - and you got something to be scared of.

Crematorium = a high map. but damn that damage from the boss. basically, what Shock and Horror does with Lightning, this doomsday damsel does with Fire. minus the auto-lock (thank god).
still, there's an easier map and boss in that tier: Shipyard.

so, the common denominator for the above, is "too crazy for tier".
Vaal Temple, is the highest tier before Uber Atziri. it brings the 2nd-to-ultimate gear-check and OP-build-check in the game, and the point is it's something you can expect it to do - unlike entering a 72 map and getting your face melted in seconds.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Nov 23, 2014, 2:21:27 PM
@John, would you not agree that the rest of the bosses - Shipyard boss, Grotto Boss, Big White Thing in Underground River, yadadadadadada are way too easy and trivial?

It's kinda the difference between getting rekt and falling asleep with map bosses in this game.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
What are the chances to corrupt a 78 into a 79? I tried a few times but only got unid 78s.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:
What are the chances to corrupt a 78 into a 79? I tried a few times but only got unid 78s.

something like 1:8

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info