New Build i did for Righteous Fire

this is with scion
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAnEDxgSzBS0IZwn2DF8OPBJpE0wUTRRxFxwXLxfhGE0aOBpsHKcfAiWtKU8tqDBPMjQ1kjbFNug26TpSPAU8LUCgQYdDY0bXSshM_03YTjJTpVXWWK9Y9VnzWf5ewGFSZOdmnmeAaHRuqm7YcU1xeXgNeEl65n1TgKSBb4KbguSDOIN8hmCHKYdliFqKr4uMjHaQEZBVlKCaz52Ana6dxJ48n9-gQqIApwinhKlurlCvbK-Nr7exkLXytzG3PrfWvrzAGsGjxYrGrtR82CTYTdi92mLbWd0F4XPjauQi52rsOO0g707vfPAf-ej60v0L

and this is with templar

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEDxgQHBLMJ9g48ES0SaRRNFHEXHBcvGE0aOBpsHwIhsCNNJa0m-ClPKo0snC6UMHcyNDT3NZI2xTbYNug26TpSOlg62DwFPC1ANkNjRHJG10kbSshM_03YVcZV1livWPVewGTnZadmnmeAbqpxTXF5eA14SXrmfVOApIFvgpuC5IM4g3yD24P3hMSHKYdliFqKr4uMjHaQEZBVlZuXhZrPnYCdrp3Enjyf36BCogCnCKeEqW6smK9sr42vt7T5tfK3Mbc-wBrFisau1HzYJNi93QXhc-Jh42rkIudq7DjsVe0g73zwH_Fs-tL9C_4K

Are they good? what to change?

there 81% fire resis
1. never plan a build with 120 points, 100-105 is good, 110 max.
2. what do u want to do? Do dmg with only rf or other skill(s) also?
3. rf and no barbarism?
"
1337fun wrote:
1. never plan a build with 120 points, 100-105 is good, 110 max.
2. what do u want to do? Do dmg with only rf or other skill(s) also?
3. rf and no barbarism?

1.im new at making builds so good to know :)
2.i think about cyclon+rf
3.where "barbarism"+what he do?
wont work

how do you counter burn degen? Where is your life regen?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
wont work

how do you counter burn degen? Where is your life regen?

i got there 81% resist fire+ some life regen :O
"
ilovepie123 wrote:

sounds like a plan :D

seriously, with 81% resist you lose 17,1% life per second

people usually get as much regen from tree as possible
you need higher resist too (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rise_of_the_Phoenix)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
"
ilovepie123 wrote:

sounds like a plan :D

seriously, with 81% resist you lose 17,1% life per second

people usually get as much regen from tree as possible
you need higher resist too (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rise_of_the_Phoenix)

i tought to add some $ with purity of fire or somthing like that+ get alot of regen life from items or somthing no? =/
Running RF can be quite hard in terms of regeneration. Your life regen has to be higher than the burning of RF, else you would obviously lose HP while RF is active.
So the two main ways of countering the degen are:
-Fire Resistance (Take less damage from RF)
-Life Regen (Heal up while you burn)

Usually, people use the Rise of the Phoenix Unique Shield. It's a shield that grants +8% to maximum fire Resistance. Getting +max Fire Res. is important, since you usually can not exceed 75%.
What you can however do is:
-Use Rise of the Phoenix (+8% Max)
-Use the Barbarism node located between Resolute Technique and the Marauder Starting Area (+1% max)
-Use Purity of Fire (+3% Max at higher levels; this is an aura in case you didn't know)
With all this, you can reach 87% Maximum Fire Resistance.

Next Step is calculating the needed life regen for your Build:
RF burns for 90% of your max HP. So with 0 fire resistance, you would need 90% life regen.
But luckily with everything mentioned above, you can reach 87%!
The calculation for Life Regen while running RF is (correct me if I'm mistaken^^):
90*(1-(MaxRes/100)) = 90*(1-(87/100)) = 90*(1-0.87) = 11.7
So with every way of increasing your maximum fire Resistance I mentioned above, you would need 11.7% Life Regen.

You can however run the Vitality Aura, which will grant some additional life Regen.

In your Templar tree you were using some dual-wield nodes. You would however need to equip Rise of the Phoenix, so you can't dual wield, so you should drop these nodes and use them to pick up Barbarism (you can also search "Barbarism" while in the skill tree planner, this will light up the node).

Here are some quite useful links for you:
1. Rise of the Phoenix:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rise_of_the_Phoenix
2. Skilltree Breakdown:
http://pathofpoe.com/builds/passive-calculator/

Copy-Paste your build into the Box in the second link, click "parse Passive tree" and scroll down a bit, you will be able to somewhere see your total life regen. (Below Health).

Ok, so you went through all that math and calculations, nice. Now some general tips on your skilltree:
1. As mentioned already, dont use 120 points. Especially if you are new to the game, try to aim for 95-105 points. (You wont reach lvl 100 anyway :D )
2. No need to pick up that many resitance nodes. Resistance comes mainly from gear, so you can drop pretty much all of these.
3. Aim for more life! It won't be fun to see your char being ripped apart everytime you enter a little bit harder content. Also, you are running RF, thus getting life also means more damage ;). I would say for RF, try to get at least around 190% max HP. (You can see that in the passive skilltree breakdown aswell)

I only looked through the templar tree, so some things might not apply to the Scion Tree you linked.

Good luck with your new chars :)

P.S.: Maybe try to 1st get RF running alone and once you got that try to add in another skill. RF can be a lot of fun already and will probably help you understand parts of the game better. Or try to add in a fire skill, then you can focus on fire Dmg nodes and need no physical nodes. (Flame Surge maybe?)
"
Arviû wrote:
Running RF can be quite hard in terms of regeneration. Your life regen has to be higher than the burning of RF, else you would obviously lose HP while RF is active.
So the two main ways of countering the degen are:
-Fire Resistance (Take less damage from RF)
-Life Regen (Heal up while you burn)

Usually, people use the Rise of the Phoenix Unique Shield. It's a shield that grants +8% to maximum fire Resistance. Getting +max Fire Res. is important, since you usually can not exceed 75%.
What you can however do is:
-Use Rise of the Phoenix (+8% Max)
-Use the Barbarism node located between Resolute Technique and the Marauder Starting Area (+1% max)
-Use Purity of Fire (+3% Max at higher levels; this is an aura in case you didn't know)
With all this, you can reach 87% Maximum Fire Resistance.

Next Step is calculating the needed life regen for your Build:
RF burns for 90% of your max HP. So with 0 fire resistance, you would need 90% life regen.
But luckily with everything mentioned above, you can reach 87%!
The calculation for Life Regen while running RF is (correct me if I'm mistaken^^):
90*(1-(MaxRes/100)) = 90*(1-(87/100)) = 90*(1-0.87) = 11.7
So with every way of increasing your maximum fire Resistance I mentioned above, you would need 11.7% Life Regen.

You can however run the Vitality Aura, which will grant some additional life Regen.

In your Templar tree you were using some dual-wield nodes. You would however need to equip Rise of the Phoenix, so you can't dual wield, so you should drop these nodes and use them to pick up Barbarism (you can also search "Barbarism" while in the skill tree planner, this will light up the node).

Here are some quite useful links for you:
1. Rise of the Phoenix:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rise_of_the_Phoenix
2. Skilltree Breakdown:
http://pathofpoe.com/builds/passive-calculator/

Copy-Paste your build into the Box in the second link, click "parse Passive tree" and scroll down a bit, you will be able to somewhere see your total life regen. (Below Health).

Ok, so you went through all that math and calculations, nice. Now some general tips on your skilltree:
1. As mentioned already, dont use 120 points. Especially if you are new to the game, try to aim for 95-105 points. (You wont reach lvl 100 anyway :D )
2. No need to pick up that many resitance nodes. Resistance comes mainly from gear, so you can drop pretty much all of these.
3. Aim for more life! It won't be fun to see your char being ripped apart everytime you enter a little bit harder content. Also, you are running RF, thus getting life also means more damage ;). I would say for RF, try to get at least around 190% max HP. (You can see that in the passive skilltree breakdown aswell)

I only looked through the templar tree, so some things might not apply to the Scion Tree you linked.

Good luck with your new chars :)

P.S.: Maybe try to 1st get RF running alone and once you got that try to add in another skill. RF can be a lot of fun already and will probably help you understand parts of the game better. Or try to add in a fire skill, then you can focus on fire Dmg nodes and need no physical nodes. (Flame Surge maybe?)

Dude just thank you :O
"
ilovepie123 wrote:
"
Arviû wrote:
snip

Dude just thank you :O

Np, hope I could help. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask or pm me ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info