Ice shot vs Tornado shot - your thoughts?

Hey guys, please share what you think about these two skills! I just did a test run with my ice shot build with a 5l chest and changed the chest for tabula and put in the 6 gems for a typicall tornado shot build. I think i am just missing the rats nest helm but other than that i think it is about the same.

I did the same lvl 67 map which was mountain ledge and wanted to see the difference. What i noticed is that i felt like i was killing things faster with tornado shot but the map took about 1 min longer. The damage for me was about 5-6k dps. On the other hand, my ice shot build has about 10-12k dps, but i feel like dps on an ice shot build is fishy. Idk if the ice shot build i'm using can do atziri while i do know tornado shot builds can. The ice shot build I am using is suppose to one shot regular monsters, here is the link to the build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1020396

Just would like to know your thoughts on this, also I heard that tornado shot gem may get a nerf.
What the fuck are they going to do TS? Reduce the damage by like 40% similar to ST? lmao

Anyway tornado shot is better.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I use both, and there are times Ice Shot does better than Tornado Shot, but Tornado Shot is good at healing me. :D

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
What the fuck are they going to do TS? Reduce the damage by like 40% similar to ST? lmao

Anyway tornado shot is better.

That is what I was thinking especially for higher level maps.
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
I use both, and there are times Ice Shot does better than Tornado Shot, but Tornado Shot is good at healing me. :D

I just leech, but hmm actually using life gain on hit or leech would make it much better for surviving because I am able use grace with ice shot, but not with TS because of hatred. Why do you use both? In what situation would you use ice shot over tornado?
"

I just leech, but hmm actually using life gain on hit or leech would make it much better for surviving because I am able use grace with ice shot, but not with TS because of hatred. Why do you use both? In what situation would you use ice shot over tornado?

When there is a lot of mobs, Ice Shot slows them down because of chill, the high chance of piercing causes the one behind them to get hit too. When I land a crit, pretty much the whole group freezes, and and another hit will shatter them all (Herald of Ice helps lot). The way how I have Ice Shot has a good crowd control. Tornado Shot is mostly aimed for tanking rogue exiles, and the bosses.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Nov 23, 2014, 12:18:21 AM
I play both and like them! I use classic ice shot with chain but has the dmg penalty, and tornado shot CoC. Tornado shot capitalize on pierce and the aoe spread is quite amazing to proc coc. Having heralds of ice is pretty good in shattering/slowing mobs.
Tornado shot is better
why use either over split arrow
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info