So when did GGG become very strict with chat?

I remember back when they marketed on 4chan and would let us say whatever we wanted in chat ,today I got muted for asking

"Fill in the blank for a free chaos , (A word missing a single letter which might be confused for hate speech if you replace the wrong letter)"

The correct responce was of course naggers ,but GGG said I used hate speech and muted me for 30 min....
Last edited by Jake_GGG on Nov 22, 2014, 9:24:03 PM
"
SierraT wrote:
I remember back when they marketed on 4chan and would let us say whatever we wanted in chat ,today I got muted for asking

"Fill in the blank for a free chaos , N_GGERS"

The correct responce was of course naggers ,but GGG said I used hate speech and muted me for 30 min....

lol this thread is going to get hated on, prepare XD

[I made a similar thread yesterday and they broke my dick :O]

Man, when it comes to GGG, I've learned one thing; just don't test them. But to answer your question they've always been that way XD
Last edited by CabooseDog on Nov 22, 2014, 5:26:32 PM
Not in early beta ,chat use to be horrid and GGG never really cared and if someone did complain or it got out of hand they just said in global to "chill out"
well its not beta anymore, and they realised that a bad community can drive ppl away from the game who are just playing the game solo

the amount of noob questions at the beginning of the league is astounding so a lot of new ppl are coming in
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
"
laycast wrote:

The amount of noob questions at the beginning of the league is astounding so a lot of new ppl are coming in

I have nothing against noob questions, we all went there. But you're probably speaking about lazy noob questions, which is totally different IMO. And yup, those are annoying.
IGN : @Morgoth

"
SierraT wrote:

"Fill in the blank for a free chaos , (A word missing a single letter which might be confused for hate speech if you replace the wrong letter)"

GGG has always been strict with chat. I know it may seem ridiculous to you, but not everyone watches south park (I know its sad).
Last edited by Metronomy on Nov 22, 2014, 8:38:33 PM
so there are people, who's sole job is to read global (1-10) chats (or w/e are the active ones?)

If so I pity the ones having to read that garbage for 8+ hours a day :(

I really hope they have some system that alerts them when something potentially incorrect was said, so they can not monitor constantly that global chat drivel.

edit: I know they are quick to pay attention to specific reports etc. but only that sounds kind of inefficient.

edit 2. So the N-word is considered hate speach because it is so in USA. What about "black"?

Where I come from black is considered the inappropriate one and the n-word is the more correct one.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Nov 22, 2014, 8:50:54 PM
"
andkamen wrote:
so there are people, who's sole job is to read global (1-10) chats (or w/e are the active ones?)

If so I pity the ones having to read that garbage for 8+ hours a day :(

I really hope they have some system that alerts them when something potentially incorrect was said, so they can not monitor constantly that global chat drivel.

edit: I know they are quick to pay attention to specific reports etc. but only that sounds kind of inefficient.

edit 2. So the N-word is considered hate speach because it is so in USA. What about "black"?

Where I come from black is considered the inappropriate one and the n-word is the more correct one.

well than you come from somewhere extremely backwards

maybe where you come from everyone is racist towards black people?

(not saying you are) but where i come from and pretty much everywhere erlse in the world.. if a white man started walking around in the streets saying whats up (Slur) to every black person... they wouldn't make it throug hone night.

its a disrespectful term meant to bring down the black race and remind them of a negative time where they were treated as slaves....

i can understand black people wanting to use it as a friendly term to drive away that meaning ... but when a white person starts using that word ..

i think for most people (unless they are really chilled out and carefree) it would bother them as its a really senstivie topic and rightfully so.

I hate it when my white freinds use that word around me... they act like they have the right of passage that they do not have.
Last edited by ZaruenKosai on Nov 22, 2014, 9:12:45 PM
"
"
andkamen wrote:

Neither are particularly pleasant terms these days. This relates to a discussion we had in Off-Topic recently regarding the word 'retarded'. It is absolutely unacceptable to call a person a 'retard' (noun) but the word still has perfectly legitimate usage as an adjective or verb ('his learning has been retarded'). I'd say it's much less offensive to say 'he is black' (adjective) than 'he is a black' (noun). Not entirely sure why, but the latter just looks ignorant and dismissive. Being Chinese, I'd probably say it's similar to 'I am Chinese' vs 'I'm a Chinaman'.

Either way, the N word is almost universally reviled now, and for obvious reasons. If you don't know them, do a little research. The association with slave culture and oppression, not to mention the fact that certain sheet-wearing good ol' boys love to throw it around, is pretty much all you need to know. There is some argument that the alternate spell ending 'ggas' rather than 'ggers' represents the appropriation of the word by African American culture, but this is neither the time nor the place for such a discussion. For the purpose of moderation, you'd be wise to just not use slang for any race or culture, period.

Well I have autism ,so every time someone calls me retarded or something I do retarded , is that not hatespeech ?

Since I am likely doing something retardedly due to my autism which is a form of social retardation it would only seem fair to mute anyone who uses it .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info