Is anyone finding it hard to sell items?

Ive noticed that since FM has been released... selling nice items are really difficult... im not necessarily saying FM ruined the game, because it only damaged it a little...

Ive come to 2 conclusions...

please, try and understand how frustrating this is... im not some dom farmer who sells 200k alts per day...

my conclusions are:

1- due to the crafting improvements, everyone is crafting their own awesome gears...

2 - the trading system as it is (spamming trade chat, idling in a3m with a party saying "WTS this and that for this and that (x:x)

Either way...

It is becoming increasingly difficult to sell items unless they're mirror price, or shavs/mjolners, etc...

Do you guys think GGG will find a way to balance it all out, at the moment... (not advertising)

items like this,
are becoming difficult to sell, even if you price them ridiculously low, and cmon, lets be realistic here, those items are nice.

But, my question for the community, or for those who read this are...

Do you think they will balance out FM? maybe make crafted items bounded to character?
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
I'd buy that Corsair.

my current swords on the Duelist aren't too bad

but this one is so much better.

only problem is, I lack orbs because even when I do trade - I suck at it.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Nov 22, 2014, 4:38:14 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
I'd buy that Corsair.

my current swords on the Duelist aren't too bad

but this one is so much better.

haha enjoy :)

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"

haha enjoy :)

thanks man. nice upgrade for my "Prince Of Persia".
and thanks for the coloring too :)
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
The problem in this case isn't with FM.

Those weapons in temporary leagues, especially early, would have no problems selling at all.

The issue is that standard is flooded with average items, good items, and even great items. It's difficult to sell anything that isn't worth 5+ex because most characters in standard are already geared relatively well.

Drop weapons like that next league in the first 2-4 weeks and they'll be off your shelf before you remember you dropped it.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
The problem in this case isn't with FM.

Those weapons in temporary leagues, especially early, would have no problems selling at all.

The issue is that standard is flooded with average items, good items, and even great items. It's difficult to sell anything that isn't worth 5+ex because most characters in standard are already geared relatively well.

Drop weapons like that next league in the first 2-4 weeks and they'll be off your shelf before you remember you dropped it.

ahh thats true... well, ill need to see whats in next league to see if i can be stuffed doing it lmao

Your success in selling an item is highly dependent upon the age of the league. In Temporary leagues, even trash items sell very well in the first few days. In Standard, where everything gets dumped, the value of "decent" items is extremely low because of an excess of decent items. If selling items gives you the thrill, then go for temp leagues.
My wife stole 10 levels from me, and my job stole another 2. That is why I am still level 88.
"
my conclusions are:

1- due to the crafting improvements, everyone is crafting their own awesome gears...

I agree with you on that. But I think this a great thing. Before FM the crafting part of the game was only accessible for those who put huge amounts of time into the game, basically the dom farmer you mentioned. With FM that farmer can still craft insane items using eternals and exalts, but now everyone can craft at least good items.

"
2 - the trading system as it is (spamming trade chat, idling in a3m with a party saying "WTS this and that for this and that (x:x)

I'm not sure what you mean with this. But if you're saying that trading should be improved I think that you are going to be disappointed if it does. I think that the easier and more transparent trading becomes the harder it will get to sell items that aren't insane.

"
It is becoming increasingly difficult to sell items unless they're mirror price, or shavs/mjolners, etc...

This is not something that I have experienced during Rampage. Yes, prices on items have gone down. But because crafting is possible I've found items that without master crafting I wouldn't have been able to sell. So all in all I think it balanced out, though it did take an adjustment.

"
items like this,
are becoming difficult to sell, even if you price them ridiculously low, and cmon, lets be realistic here, those items are nice.

Item prices are a result of supply and demand. With the meta being spells and/or crit the demand for non-crit weapons isn't exactly high and I don't think that is just the result of master crafting. As far as the supply part goes, you're looking at those items like 260pdps weapons and are pobably comparing them to 260pdps weapons pre-FM. But master crafting is cheap and available to all, so you should compare them to pre-FM weapon as if they weren't master crafted. Without the master crafting those two items are 200pds and that kind of weapons also didn't sell pre-FM.

"
But, my question for the community, or for those who read this are...

Do you think they will balance out FM? maybe make crafted items bounded to character?

I think that with the change to Elreon's multi-mod master crafting is reasonably balanced at the moment. Making crafted items character bound would be too limiting I think, but account bound would be interesting. It would make trading less transparent and would therefore probably increase prices in general.

P.S. I'm only looking at this from a temp league perspective. I don't trade much in standard.
Crafting makes items feel more earned than trading,I think it has a better belonging to the ARPG genre than trading.I rarely trade in POE while I traded a fair bit in D2 due to Runewords,I never bought a complete RW but rather bought the runes to make the RW.If POE had more recipe based items I'd trade more.Basically combining trade with crafting,buy the parts to make the item yourself.
Pre Masters, it wasn't terribly difficult to sell a weapon like this:

Weapons with 250-300 DpS were not worth exalting, and even if you did, you most likely didn't hit the desired mod.
So you needed to actually find "flat damage, %damage, hybrid%damage, attackspeed", or at least 3 of them with very high tiers to have a mediocre-good DpS weapon. Or buy from someone who found one.

Post Masters, the absolute numbers of available good weapons has increased a lot:

It's not too complicated to selffound-find a weapon with "3 of 4" desired stats, and add the missing stats.

As anyone can do this, there's hundreds of such weapons now.

Downside:
-> Value goes down
-> harder to sell

Upside:
-> more useful items available, both on market and on drop
-> More likely able to play Selffound or on a budget
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Nov 22, 2014, 7:20:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info