Can you 6L any item regardless of ilvl?

For example you have a ilvl 36 armor and you 6socketed it through vorici or get it dropped from a +1 socket strongbox. Could you spam fuses on it to get a 6L? Or is it only possible by using vorici.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_level

"

What item level affects
Item level restricts which random properties an item can receive.
Affixes
Magic and rare items can only receive affixes whose level is less than or equal to the item's item level. This is true for all items that can receive affixes, such as weapons, armour, flasks, maps, etc.
Sockets
The number of sockets that can appear on an item is determined by its item level. Items with a higher item level can receive more sockets. For instance with an item level of 1, an item can have no more than two sockets. Item level has no effect on the number of socket links that an item receives.
(NB: The max number of sockets an item can have are 4 for headgear/gloves/shoes, 3 for shields and one handed weapons such as swords/maces/shields/knives/wands and 6 for chest armour, bows and two handed melee weapons. Having a very high item level doesn't allow for a higher number of sockets than these limits.)
The minimum item level to obtain each number of sockets is as follows:
Number of Sockets- Minimum Level
1-----------------------1
2-----------------------1
3-----------------------15
4-----------------------28
5-----------------------35
6-----------------------50
Note that the Strongbox suffix "of Complexity" can override this limit and allow for a higher number of sockets. For example, an item with item level 35 can have 6 sockets instead of 5.
The item level does not affect the possible unique items that can spawn when using an Orb of Chance

You can't normally get an iLvL 36 item with 6 sockets , but have a look at the third bolded caption in the quote. :)
Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
Last edited by GodlyMe on Nov 21, 2014, 10:00:00 PM
I think he wasn't asking about if you can 6 socket an item regardless of ilvl, i think he's asking if he could 6link an already 6socketed item regardless of ilvl, of which I'm not sure. I'd probably guess you can though, as I think only the number of sockets are limited by the itemlevel and not the actual links themselves... afaik.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
As far as anyone's been able to tell, the iLvl of an item has zero impact on Orb of Fusing rolls, (contrast to so yes, if the item DOES have 6 sockets, then any possible combination of links should be on the table when rolling; this would go for getting a full 6L.

This goes in vein with the fact that, for chromatic orbs, iLvl likewise has no actual impact, merely the stat requirements of such an item.

It would appear that iLvl only matters as to whether something will show up at all, or be not there, not whether it's one way or another. So, it can affect affixes, or the outright presence of that many sockets, just not colors or links.

"
GodlyMe wrote:
You can't normally get an iLvL 36 item with 6 sockets , but have a look at the third bolded caption in the quote. :)

He noted he already knew all that...
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Nov 22, 2014, 2:25:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info