Whoever said PoE's story is over is WRONG!

How can the story be over...there are a TON of unexplained things going on right now >.>
"
Metronomy wrote:
Who is strawman? Is he from the poe comics?

Sounds like a pretty awesome new monster.. In fact why isn't there one?

"
Which brings us back to my original reasoning behind the claim that the story is effectively done for this game, if that means further exploration of Wraeclast in another.

It was the feeble misquoting of that statement that led to this thread's creation.

You're welcome.

it wasn't feeble is was literal, and again halfhearted.

"
IlluminaBlade wrote:
sensationalist headlines as thread titles with no content within.
two pages of replies.

Edit : Oh hey, three!

Ha ha, isn't that the truth! I didn't see you helping though. =(
"
symban wrote:
So much more story is already available:

- Corrupted Kaom and his 500 warriors at source of Gems
- Malachai and Dailla's device that ended the Eternal Empire
- New catalysm Zana mentions
- Finally source of the gem (the mountain Ezomytes were forced to mine)

I am sure some filler story can be found too for inbetweens.

Story is more than enough, but I doubt engine can live long enough for them all.

I always figured that the dread thicket was where some serious shit would go down.
"
Tmfm wrote:
****And to be clear this thread was meant to be a humorous but possibly creative look into the future of this game.****

"
What strawman said that PoE's entire story is over to you? OP

you should be more careful with your language. "Strawman" could be considered offensive.
Evidently mentioning the blatantly obvious in simple sentences is. so...

to answer your question, at least this guy:
Spoiler

"
..... I don't know. All I know is that we've 'finished' the story of Path of Exile. Act IV is a new story, from all accounts, and THAT would be the perfect time to 'upgrade' the PoE experience....

based on my thread title, and what was said above there you have it. To be honest I'm pleased (but not surprised) he remembers even half of what he types.....

****And to be clear this thread was meant to be a humorous but possibly creative look into the future of this game.****

mounts.. yeah.. seruousz

Strawman is considered a speciest term, and almost as bad as Hayman. The preferred terminology when referring to someone of this origin is Fiber Person or Renewable Resource Entity.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
You both know me well enough, I hope, to understand that my stance regarding PoE as an excellent first attempt rather than the game for which GGG should be remembered is neither lightly chosen nor particularly sudden.

You also likely know that my opinion is informed by occasional interaction with sources close to the heart of the matter.

I haven't given up on PoE but unless we see some dramatic changes, ten acts is questionable. Even MMOs such as EQ1, which sported quite a few expansions, change at some fairly fundamental levels over the years.

We are still in the dark ages QoL wise, for example.

If act IV is expansive enough, I wouldn't mind seeing GGG start on Poe2. Given the pace of development so far, I would think they would need to have act V ready to keep players involved until PoE2 was ready. They could also sell an offline version of PoE when PoE2 is out or very close to.being out.

I think the pre story of PoE would be great for adding some additional charcters for PoE2. An awakened Vaal character for instance. . .
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
The story of this particular game can be considered over for the purposes of starting a new one. That was the context of that statement and you've completely neglected it. Foolish.

I knew this was a thread to bait me. Sir, you're going to need a much bigger mouth and much bigger teeth to trap me.

But sure, pretend you just meant it as a joke. Take whatever refuge you need to. I won't begrudge you that.

Who are you kidding? Of course you will and I love you for it :D
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Antnee wrote:
Sad confession time: I read the entirety of the poewiki to get the story, because I couldn't be arsed to listen to it ingame.

You may now flog my bottom.

Think that is the case for like 99% of people playing it. If they ever care to search for lore.

"Toliman died... Who the fuck is Toliman? Oh, that guy. Still don't know who he was, but whatever. OHHHHHH, YOU, yeah, right, your boyfriend. Yeah, give me the rewards, bitch."

Words of Wisdom:
"
We are still in the dark ages QoL wise, for example.

- Charan, 2014

No really, QoL is almost non existent in PoE. Can't even set where you'll spawn at log-on, lol. And this is only a REALLY minor thing.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Nov 24, 2014, 1:41:31 AM
Looking forward to seeing where they take the next couple of expansions, especially if they bring anything completely new to the table. PoE needs something fresh and innovative.
Audentes Fortuna Iuvat

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info