Whoever said PoE's story is over is WRONG!

"
robotamen wrote:
Spoiler
"
Whoever said that? The Dominus arc is pretty much done.

And Theopolis?, is 100% Dominus' religion, and maybe he was just a servant of a bigger demon.

But yes, GGG can do whatever they want, Wraeclast is just a piece of the rest of this world.

Maybe we will see (LETS PRAY) snow mountains, floating islands, a BIG town with a lot of NPCs, a zeppelin for travel to another part of this world... but GGG should be bigger. PoE can be a legendary ARPG (like D2), the question is, is GGG ready?

honestly i hope the next act takes us to a darker part of Wraeclast and explain more in depth of how/where/when the gems were found and how they decided to implement them into their lives (past empires).
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
Last edited by ThorOtheBIG on Nov 21, 2014, 11:23:18 PM
"
robotamen wrote:
"
Whoever said that? The Dominus arc is pretty much done.

And Theopolis?, is 100% Dominus' religion, and maybe he was just a servant of a bigger demon.

But yes, GGG can do whatever they want, Wraeclast is just a piece of the rest of this world.

Maybe we will see (LETS PRAY) snow mountains, floating islands, a BIG town with a lot of NPCs, a zeppelin for travel to another part of this world... but GGG should be bigger. PoE can be a legendary ARPG (like D2), the question is, is GGG ready?

Let's wait until Act 4 comes.
"
ThorOtheBIG wrote:
honestly i hope the next act takes us to a darker part of Wraeclast and explain more in depth of how/where/when the gems were found and how they decided to implement them into their lives (past empires).

Mmm, sounds good, but imo this kind of add smells like ''miniexpansion between seasons'', i mean, the boss could be a giant corrupted gemling, yeah, but... is not a great ''lore-boss'', is just an Atziri, not a Dominus.

IMO PoE must continue with the exiles destiny, something like what happens after Dominus and his real form, he could survive and scape opening a portal in his puddle's blood to a dark dimension (act 4, instead to Town 1).

In this dimension we could fight against Dominus & Piety's body (absorbed by Dom) togheter as a great boss. And then, the scape from this dimension and a portal to Wraeclast for begin the act 5 (in a snowy mountain K FINE BB CHRIS ^^)

There its a lot of ways, but acts = lore = exiles, cause we are the exiles.
My Low Life nonShav's/Solaris guide -> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192209/page/1/
While Dominus lies defeated (though perhaps not dead) the evil he was opposed to is still at large.

Harken, for Dominus doth say, addressing his ruler: "Come to the tower, my empress. Together we shall meet (greet?) the beast itself and demand that it heal the wounds it has inflicted upon our suffering Wraeclast."

Unless said beast is Atziri (doubtful, since she's just an optional diversion) we are yet to face it, possibly in act 4.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Where there are people, resources and land, there will always be someone wishing to control and lord over it. With the endless stream of exiles and the power they accumulate as they traverse the land, it only seems natural that one of them would rise to try and create a kingdom, possibly with the help of the demonic powers that have laid the land to waste in the past.

There are endless scenario's that can play out, this being only one, as far as story.
So much more story is already available:

- Corrupted Kaom and his 500 warriors at source of Gems
- Malachai and Dailla's device that ended the Eternal Empire
- New catalysm Zana mentions
- Finally source of the gem (the mountain Ezomytes were forced to mine)

I am sure some filler story can be found too for inbetweens.

Story is more than enough, but I doubt engine can live long enough for them all.
sensationalist headlines as thread titles with no content within.
two pages of replies.

Edit : Oh hey, three!
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
Last edited by IlluminaBlade on Nov 22, 2014, 4:27:29 AM
"
Which brings us back to my original reasoning behind the claim that the story is effectively done for this game, if that means further exploration of Wraeclast in another.

It was the feeble misquoting of that statement that led to this thread's creation.

You're welcome.

Its funny this though, as just a couple years ago , everyone was in agreement POE had plenty of growth, including the Developers... Now peoples tunes are changing? People have given up on this game? Its funny , as next to nothing has been added if you break it down, especially the projected 10 acts across 10 years... rofl. Seems that was way to much to bite off eh? Or was it...

personally , I dont fuckin care, the games still great, and up there amongst the greatest of its kind. I will start caring when GGG announces the closure of these servers. Actually, I will prolly be mad as fuckin hell to be honest, but hey, who knows, maybe GGG leaves this game up while publishing others. Blizz still does it, thank christ, cause all their new games are pretty crappy in comparison.

At any rate, ya...

Ta ta.
GGG - Why you no?
Last edited by JoannaDark on Nov 22, 2014, 4:28:42 AM
"
JoannaDark wrote:
"
Which brings us back to my original reasoning behind the claim that the story is effectively done for this game, if that means further exploration of Wraeclast in another.

It was the feeble misquoting of that statement that led to this thread's creation.

You're welcome.

Its funny this though, as just a couple years ago , everyone was in agreement POE had plenty of growth, including the Developers... Now peoples tunes are changing? People have given up on this game? Its funny , as next to nothing has been added if you break it down, especially the projected 10 acts across 10 years... rofl. Seems that was way to much to bite off eh? Or was it...

personally , I dont fuckin care, the games still great, and up there amongst the greatest of its kind. I will start caring when GGG announces the closure of these servers. Actually, I will prolly be mad as fuckin hell to be honest, but hey, who knows, maybe GGG leaves this game up while publishing others. Blizz still does it, thank christ, cause all their new games are pretty crappy in comparison.

At any rate, ya...

Ta ta.

I think the main reasoning is that PoE's mechanics have outgrown the engine. There was an interesting discussion about the whole matter in another thread, which got derailed*. With the lenient moderation here, it seems pointless to have an ongoing, serious discussion about stuff like that.

* To be fair, another thread got derailed to start that discussion. :P
literally no one said poe's story is over
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info