Whoever said PoE's story is over is WRONG!

I can see at least two expansions, starting with "this world is just an illusion" Gotta get to the other side of that Dominus portal for leet mounts!
Last edited by Tmfm on Nov 21, 2014, 9:08:26 PM
What strawman said that PoE's entire story is over to you? OP
anything is everything
****And to be clear this thread was meant to be a humorous but possibly creative look into the future of this game.****

"
What strawman said that PoE's entire story is over to you? OP

you should be more careful with your language. "Strawman" could be considered offensive.
Evidently mentioning the blatantly obvious in simple sentences is. so...

to answer your question, at least this guy:
Spoiler

"
..... I don't know. All I know is that we've 'finished' the story of Path of Exile. Act IV is a new story, from all accounts, and THAT would be the perfect time to 'upgrade' the PoE experience....

based on my thread title, and what was said above there you have it. To be honest I'm pleased (but not surprised) he remembers even half of what he types.....

****And to be clear this thread was meant to be a humorous but possibly creative look into the future of this game.****

mounts.. yeah.. seruousz
So, basically no one said the PoE story is over, is this anything but a strawman you created or what?

(bruh im just bustin ya dont get so bent ;) )
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Nov 21, 2014, 9:56:48 PM
Who is strawman? Is he from the poe comics?
Honestly, PoE's story is the ONLY game that I am salivating for more information. The lore in this game is amazing. Yes, there isn't much history (because the game is relatively new) but I feel its has so much depth that we can't even comprehend where this will go. I can't wait for more lore!
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
Sad confession time: I read the entirety of the poewiki to get the story, because I couldn't be arsed to listen to it ingame.

You may now flog my bottom.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Spoiler
"
ThorOtheBIG wrote:
Honestly, PoE's story is the ONLY game that I am salivating for more information. The lore in this game is amazing. Yes, there isn't much history (because the game is relatively new) but I feel its has so much depth that we can't even comprehend where this will go. I can't wait for more lore!

Lore vs story. Slightly pedantic but still an important distinction.

I refer to the story of Wræclast when I talk about the lore of this game and any other games that may come along. The story of 'PoE' (and let's expand that: Path of Exile) is more like a means of exploring the story of Wræclast. Whether Edwin likes it or not, the Exile is a tabula rasa (any attempts otherwise crashed and burned with the confused characterisation of the Scion), a vehicle for exploring the world, and a catalyst for emphasising its themes.

I disagree with you regarding 'there isn't much history'. There's already a great deal of history (again: lore vs story could be read as 'past vs present') to Wræclast. We know a lot more about the continent's history than its current state; I'd go so far as to say our understanding of Wræclast's current state is almost entirely informed by that history. Wræclast is a dead world right now, haunted by former glories and threatened by ill-advised attempts at resurrection. There is something extremely hostile about Wræclast, something primal and powerful that doesn't want to be disturbed, let alone harnessed and used. Something absolutely wild that ambitious men like Malachai, Chitus and more recently Dominus cannot resist attempting to enslave.

...But then I look at what happens to the Exile and I occasionally wonder if this greater story, these themes, are really a good fit for the type of game PoE has become, or perhaps was always going to become.

Ah, mixed signals yet again.

lore vs story, fair enough. I feel that the story is yet to be revealed, except for the adventures your character goes on (for example releasing the darkness in act 2). As for the lore (stones in act 1, graffiti in act 3, etc), i cant wait for more. I feel like I am trying to piece together the history of Wraeclast and its inhabitants. Yes, we do know much more about the continent than the individual stories of each character (btw I fear the scion is the only one who will have a true story, based off all her quotes that help explain her and the world around her, as she knows it). Does that seem more accurate?
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
Thread reported for Racism.

(My mother was a scarecrow you insensitive bastards)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
Whoever said that? The Dominus arc is pretty much done.

And Theopolis?, is 100% Dominus' religion, and maybe he was just a servant of a bigger demon.

But yes, GGG can do whatever they want, Wraeclast is just a piece of the rest of this world.

Maybe we will see (LETS PRAY) snow mountains, floating islands, a BIG town with a lot of NPCs, a zeppelin for travel to another part of this world... but GGG should be bigger. PoE can be a legendary ARPG (like D2), the question is, is GGG ready?
My Low Life nonShav's/Solaris guide -> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192209/page/1/
Last edited by robotamen on Nov 21, 2014, 10:45:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info