suggestions to buffing armour and 2 hand melee

These two go hand in hand and have required love, from ggg, for a little while.

-There's no build versatility to 2 hand melee builds.
-The fact remains you need crazy gear to hit 10k hp with two 6links to make it 78+ viable.
-QQQ

There have been countless suggestions to buff armour and they all create the problem of making builds, with mitigation stacking, op.

Would it be out of this realm, in a design sense, to implement an offhand item type, specific to two hand axe/sword/mace weapon types. The item type would have a mod, exclusively rolled, that would directly increase burst phys mitigation based off your armour value. further thoughts and suggestions?
Bow have a quiver, an off hand.

2H need the same. That's all.
2H should have a cloak slot. I remember PoE used to have a slot for cloaks way back.
Armor will always suck as long a big hits and one shots basically bypass it. Until that is changed no buff you make will make any difference.

Two handers are garbage because they are slow, they don't crit well, and the advantages of losing the second slot (very high effective damage and an extra 6link) are heavily RNG gated. The entire concept of a 2H just doesn't work in the current meta. Not even heavy buffs will make it comparable to DW or 1h+shield. It's just a failed concept that powercreep has buried.
"
BoXXoR wrote:

They get block chance though. Maybe they need their block chance buffed instead? As of now, the lowest (12%?) is marginally worse than the dual wielding implicit, and the best (18%) is only marginally better. If those numbers were buffed by maybe 15% you'd have some comparison, IMO.
Stormcalling 24/7.
@ buffing armor

I find interesting how people opinions on forums are biased by current fashion

It is not so long there was lot of people saying on forums that armor is superior to evasion (even after IR nerf). 80% of bow characters Ive seen in gameplay help/discussion sections was using IR and I had pretty hard time explaining why Acro/Ondars is generally better for ranged. Even in Ambush evasion gear was much cheaper than Armor gear..

What was the big change in FM that reverted the whole opinion thing?

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Nov 22, 2014, 8:40:31 AM
"
Ludvator wrote:
@ buffing armor

It is not so long there was lot of people saying on forums that armor is superior to evasion (even after IR nerf). 80% of bow characters Ive seen in gameplay help/discussion sections was using IR and I had pretty hard time explaining why Acro/Ondars is generally better for ranged. Even in Ambush evasion gear was much cheaper than Armor gear..

For bow builds specifically: "Reflect can be dodged and evaded"

For all builds: Coil and cwdt+IC.
"
Sa_Re wrote:
"
Ludvator wrote:
@ buffing armor

For bow builds specifically: "Reflect can be dodged and evaded"

For all builds: Coil and cwdt+IC.

ok, but

reflect evasion: 0.11.2 patch - 13 months before forsaken masters
coil: 0.11.6 patch - 11 months before forsaken masters
cwdt: 1.0 patch - 10 months before forsaken masters
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Nov 22, 2014, 9:38:35 AM
"
BoXXoR wrote:

god bless you in this fine day exile, and GGG hears you.
seriusly.. I agree.
you can easily get 15+ second immortal call these days with the skill duration nodes (6 total) and increased duration with self cast. imho there is no need for armor with this option.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info