A bit overwhelmed...returning to PoE

Hi guys.

I played PoE a while ago and wanted to give it a try again, but after patching and logging
in i don't know where to start. I have plenty of stuff in my chest and a Lvl 59 Ranger
with no skillpoints allocated.

I guess back then this used to be a "standard" Ranger build, i have Frenzy with Faster Attacks, Added Fire Damage and Weapon Elemental Damage in my Bow along with Lightning Arrow, LMP, Weapon Elemental Damage and Chain, also Decoy Totem, Enfeeble and Enduring Cry connected to Cast When Damage Taken.

1. Any tips what to do with this now? Any suggested build? (i looked at the Ranger section but there are just so much builds that confuse me more)

2. Maybe i should just start with a new character, what would you recommend as an easy class/build?
I prefer Ranger and Shadow, but any tip is welcome.

3. I didn't look for it yet, but i saw there is now some kind of camp for yourself where you can enchant stuff etc? Where do i find it?

Thanks for your answers, i really appreciate it!

Greetings, kizzderose
Last edited by kizzderose on Nov 21, 2014, 5:57:02 PM
1&2. Crit bow builds are nice right now and the new Tornado Shot skill is great, you can play that... as long as it lasts. We'll have a new major patch in three weeks so some things are bound to change.

3. Yeah, you occasionally run into 'masters', NPCs you can do tasks for and earn favor. Once you level any one of them to level 3 he will show you a hideout you can make your own. Having a hideout is good because you can invite masters there and place crafting benches. Masters invited there will offer daily quests which grant more favor so they will level faster. That's the short version, check the wiki for more info.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Thanks for the quick answer.

I will look out for a Crit bow build, although i don't have this Tornado Shot yet, of course.

Any suggestions for another starter-build? Maybe with a link? ;)
I think leveling a new char from scratch will help me a lot more than stumbling around
with an "old" one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info