Free Soul Refill. Edit.. Chaining 6 Vaal Disciplines without kills.

OK, at first I couldn't reproduce this.

But I can now.
However there is a condition which I can't reliably reproduce. If I can reproduce the condition, I can reproduce the bug.

The kicker here, is that if I'm not mistaken, it's actually a bug that the condition isn't always granted.

So.

Fill up a Vaal skill with souls inside a map.
Port to HO.
Port back to map.

If your Vaal skill has retained (regained) its souls, the condition is met. If it has lost the souls, the condition is not met. As far as I'm aware, Vaal skills not regaining their souls after this porting, is a bug.

Getting the souls to save seems to happen more often if you open bag/use vault/use vendor while in HO.
Returning without doing anything while at HO has less results of saved souls.

Now with the condition met, I can reproduce a free soul fill up with 100% success.

That is, I can use Vaal Discipline, then use it again without killing monsters.

I use Vaal Discipline with Blood Rage active, then after it finishes I unequip Blood Rage.

On unequipping Blood Rage, Vaal Discipline instantly gets full souls and can be used again.

VoD of reproduction once condition met

Edit.
Thanks Lagwin. Chaining 6 Vaal Disciplines with no kills, 100% reproducable Youtube mirror
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Nov 21, 2014, 3:46:24 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Hmm...there is currently a bug with tempest shield and the herald auras causing the souls to disappear, if the buffs were cast in the hideout...maybe another complication of buffs being cast in the hideout?
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Hmm...there is currently a bug with tempest shield and the herald auras causing the souls to disappear, if the buffs were cast in the hideout...maybe another complication of buffs being cast in the hideout?

Hmm, let me try buffless.

Edit.

OK, interesting.

With no heralds, I regain souls after porting, but the free souls doesn't happen.

BUT.

If I put heralds on in the map, when I port and return, I regain the souls AND I can get free souls.

So.

It appears that the condition to free souls is to have herald(s) active.
It appears that the granting of your unused souls after zoning is dependent on whether you put your heralds on in HO or in map. But can still sometimes be returned after doing some activities in HO even if your heralds were put on in the HO.

Summary, though.
Now a 100% reproduceable free souls.

Apply heralds in map.
Fill Vaal skill.
Port to HO.
Return to map.
Use Vaal skill (at least Vaal Disc in the set up I have) with Blood Rage (or any skill?) linked to it.
Unequip Blood Rage.
Vaal Disc gets free full souls.
Re-equip Blood Rage.

Thanks, Lagwin.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Nov 21, 2014, 4:07:09 PM
OK, this just got interesting, lol.

It appears Blood Rage never actually needs to be active.
Simply removing the dormant skill (which is linked to the Vaal skill) will fill up the Vaal skill.

Taking things to another level....

I can chain 6 Vaal Disciplines back to back by..

With aforementioned conditions met (which uses 2 portals to prepare)..
Use Vaal skill
unequip and re-equip linked BR.
Port
Return
Use Vaal skill
Port
Return
Use Vaal skill
Port
Return
Use Vaal skill
Port
Return
Use Vaal skill
Use Vaal skill

VoD incoming :)

http://www.twitch.tv/theanuhart/c/5540996

Edit
Update.

It appears this will work by removing the Vaal gem itself.

The Vaal gem can even be stand alone, not linked, even alone in an unset.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Nov 24, 2014, 6:26:28 AM
Nice :P

I'd been following this with the souls disappearing with the buffs cast in the hideout, from what i'd heard it has been acknowledged and a fix is on the way(this was two minor patches ago at least)

At least there is some positive effects until they get the fix in place...might want to bump this at least once a day until they do(no need for people suffering the ill effects when they can exploit it a bit)

Gratz on solo self found 100 btw...big accomplishment.

Last edited by lagwin1980 on Nov 21, 2014, 3:25:42 PM
Based on this, their implementation code for these systems must be... interesting.
did they attempt to 'fix' this in silence?
when i leave a map with a fully charged vaal skill and reenter after the charges are GONE! Particularly charged skills get reset to zero too. this happens as of yesterday if i recall correctly.
Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.
Last edited by kalktresor on Nov 23, 2014, 8:54:03 AM
"
kalktresor wrote:
did they attempt to 'fix' this in silence?
when i leave a map with a fully charged vaal skill and reenter after the charges are GONE! Particularly charged skills get reset to zero too. this happens as of yesterday if i recall correctly.

No, that's the original bug that was found and the fix for it has not been applied yet as far as i know...that is caused by casting tempest shield/heralds while you are in the hideout going to a map/area filling a soul gem then returning to town and back to the instance you were in.

Last edited by lagwin1980 on Nov 23, 2014, 9:17:27 AM
Bump for NZ work week.
Casually casual.

Update.

It appears this will work by removing the Vaal gem itself.

The Vaal gem can even be stand alone, not linked, even alone in an unset.
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info