Confused About Scion

I just started playing POE recently. Have beaten normal as an archer and have advanced my lightning witch pretty far. I was just wondering what the things that the Scion does better than other classes. It seems like the Scion can be everything, just doesnt seem as good to me though. So was wondering what everything thinks that a Scion would do better at than the other classes.
The benefits and drawbacks to the classes primarily are where they are on the tree. If you want your character to have passives that span the map and go through the centre, then the scion may suit. If you need passives from the top and sides, and don't want passives from the centre, then the scion wouldn't be as good for that build.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
What he said.

The big differences in the characters are the position on the tree, and quest rewards. Characters are usually selected on those criteria.

Other than that, the differences are pretty minor.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
Since you are new to POE, we will give you a hint. In this game choice of character does not matter at all.

Having said that, this game tends to to reward players that invest in different aspects of a character than just a single aspect. For that matter, Scion is actually quite strong.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Since you are new to POE, we will give you a hint. In this game choice of character does not matter at all.

Having said that, this game tends to to reward players that invest in different aspects of a character than just a single aspect. For that matter, Scion is actually quite strong.

Dispatches from Bizzaro World?
    ☭ ᵀʰᵉ ᵍᵉᵐᵐᵉᵈ ᵍᵉᶰᵗᵉᵉᶫ ᵃʳᵉ ᵃᶰ ᶦᶰᶠᵉˢᵗᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰ⋅ ᵀʰᵉʸ ᵃʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᴹᵒᶰᵏᵉʸ ᴷᶦᶰᵍ'ˢ ᶠᶫᵉᵃˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵈʳᶦᶰᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶫᶦᶠᵉᵇᶫᵒᵒᵈ⋅ ᶜʳᵘˢʰ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᶦᶰ ʸᵒᵘʳ ʷᵒʳᵏ⁻ᶠᵒʳᵍᵉᵈ ʰᵃᶰᵈˢ﹗  ☭
              ͏   ͏͏ ৹ಊ৹⎊۝⎊৹ಊ⋅𝐆𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲⋅ಊ⋅𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝⋅ಊ৹⎊۝⎊৹ಊ৹
"
Most of the time even the Scion is confused by the Scion. I find her muddled characterisation quite an accurate reflection of her place on the Skilldrasil.

There's a reason she's locked on new accounts.

Spoiler
I have a feeling her name, which simply means one of noble heritage but implies inheritance, is loaded with a double meaning, but so far that gun is just firing blanks.

Maybe she is related to Malachai.
Scion is the most efficient class for taking all the worst nodes in the game. So there's that.

No other class can so easily spend 20 points and only get 10 life, 1.2% life regen, 28% melee physical damage, 28% spell damage, 4% attack speed, 24% projectile damage, and 6% movement speed.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on Nov 22, 2014, 2:25:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info