Daresso's Defiance

With the new acro penalty you really need to go apeshit stacking block chance. Even with a okay rare 35% block shield you need to get well over the 55% marker to get over 40% final. At that line its barely noticeable. If the spell acro has a double penalty(unlikely) its definitely not worth it.

Personally this time I am not even gone bother with block. With the penalty it just feels so inefficient to stack chance. The inc defences are nice but EV is going to do jack shit against the nemesis of Acro builds- physical spells. For my build inc melee physical aint gonna cut it (molten strike). For defenses gonna diversify with going crit instead of block (status alignments+inc pots charges+inc dam), coil, endurance charges, darkray most of the time/atziri steps for hard spellcasters (Atziri), uber pots (Herbalism and profane chemistry) and finally good old enfeeble/blind.
Last edited by Sig556 on Dec 7, 2014, 5:35:19 AM
I am still going to get some block chance because most of them happen to be in dual-wielding damage nodes, so it is like a + for me.

However, I am going to need to replace
since hovering around 10-15% spell block is not going to cut it.

More life, flat phy dmg, and some res will be a good start to replace the ammy.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

wonder if this underrated unique will get a second look with the ec change. the effect is that it generates ec on kill does not conflict with usage of other warcries. and it works with cwdt-ic if enough dmg is inflicted for cwdt to proc.
worth another bump, for the awesome posts from Fiveby5, in the previous page.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1108781/page/4#p9415644

thanks again man :)
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Feb 17, 2015, 2:50:07 PM
Just wanted to use this topic to thank you Fiveby5 and GGG team for making this insanely fun chest! This league, that is Tempest I planned to hoard currency to put my hands on Lightning Coil. Many Orbs of Chance died on my path of greediness not giving me hope to find this or just good chest armour that would cover my butt. When Daresso's Defiance dropped I immediatelly loved it, but was afraid of being insta killed during the window of no endurance charges. It's Insane and I love it :D I'm nowhere near to utilize it to the fulest; however I've found it insanely fun to play with my Arc Witch. Reason is obviously as long as there are adds there are endurance charges, but the way how Arc hits that is with a delay (chains do not happen instantly, Arc 'travels' killing on the way, therefore I often get hit, gain onslaught and immediatelly gain 2+ charges from forthcoming hits of Arc) plus my dagger:
Makes it super fun to play. Now another thing I plan to do is to utilize: Whirling Blades+Fortify+Blind and probably even exchange for other gem. Still, hit and run continue or abandon aggression type of play is what I've been always looking for and this is precisely it. Haven't read on Daresso's history but looking at this chest and flavour of his shield I think of Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator movie) and yes, it kicks in :)

Nevertheless Thank you for the best and giving me most fun to play item since 2 years!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info