Dear GGG and community

"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
I don't think you have to worry about an Auction House in an ARPG ever again. D3 pretty much killed the concept for everybody.

Its not an Auction House thats the problem. Its the way it was implemented and managed. But thats a lengthy discussion i just dont give two fucks enough about to continue.
GGG - Why you no?
easier trading just means faster item distribution between players and so shorter average gaming time until players reach endgame where they can't imrove anymore.

no problem with that if the next expansion refreshes the market by invalidating your current items by introducing power creep (higher dps on new weapons, stronger monsters in new areas).

poe does not completely avoid power creep but one of the developers dogmas is to not invalidate your efforts. your current status is supposed to stay forever. which is imho difficult.

as a first result, an effective trading mechanism is deadly for the average playtime of players in permanent leagues if they do not like to re-roll characters over and over.

as a second result, only short term leagues are attractive to a majority of players which is obviously the case already when i ook around at the indicators which are available to me (friends list, steam charts etc).

eventually i'm not surprised the new trading mechanism isn't in the game already as finding an attractive way to avoid easy mass trading of items, limiting access to it and on the other hand making it easy to use is quite a complicated task for a gamedesigner.

Spoiler
i can think of an offline trading system where you need to do a task before you can put a limited amount of items into the public trading system. the higher the itemlevel of that item, the more difficult the task.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Never once opened the auction house and played D3 pretty much the same way I play PoE. Still playing PoE and couldn't care less about D3. It's not the auction house. It's the game. D3 is bland. Skills are bland. Progression is non-existent. Item progression is reduced to a single variable.

Not a good design.

D3 is 1000 times better now but still 1000 times worse than POE.
It is better than POE when it comes to fluid combat and physics. Nothing else
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info