Dear GGG and community

It has been quite a long time since I've had a look at this game. About a month ago I wanted to start playing again and saw that the Leagues at the time were ending Nov 20th. So I've been waiting for the new League to start so I can jump back into a fresh start.

I'm curious however about the downtime between Leagues. Is it to give people a chance to mess around Standard with their converted characters?

The game still isn't pay to win either, and that is awesome to see. Over the last couple years PoE has been a source to cite showing that you can be successful with a fair model. Of course, part of that success is due to this being a well developed game. I was happy to see how smooth it seems to run with I logged in recently to run around a bit. Most devs don't care to optimize their games past release, so it shows a lot of passion.

I know a lot of people are asking about an Auction House system for this game. I know there are a bunch of threads already and I don't mean to add to the noise in a bad way. I just hope people come to understand that player interaction is a good part of gaming. It was a part of Diablo II in a big way. Diablo III had a great many issues, but most of them came back to the core issue which was players never really interacted with one another. Everything was done for you. The games you join to get quests done, in which no one would speak while doing it. The trading of items via the Auction House. The lack of a world chat. Blizzard has since improved their game greatly, removing the AH was a big part of it.

I realize the average player these days appreciates more convenient systems, but it is important to consider what you sacrifice for those conveniences. Can it be a huge drag trying to schedule a meet with players to trade? Yes, of course. Yet that interaction is important.

So much has changed since the beta days. Hell even the beta of this game was long and full of drastic changes. It was a fun ride then, and I am looking forward to starting with everyone again Dec 12th.
I just hope to see some improvement on burning ground, it is more harmful to my computer than to my chars X.X, some maps with burning ground give me so much fps drop that it is unplayable with some builds. Kinda weird it was not always like that though.

AH was never really THE problem with D3, i played LOTRO(lord of the rings online) that has AH, and i liked it a lot. Easy and fast. Why do i need player interaction for trading? I dont even rememeber 99,5% of the people i've traded with in PoE even though i talked to some for a few minutes. With AH i would just save time and avoid people trying to lowball items even though i usually sell cheaper than most others.

Imo global chat and party/guild system is enough(for me).

I dont think AH will appear in PoE anyway, we already got the forum and poe.trade which is fine as is. I think many here would like AH actually if the system made for it was good enough. Remember, with AH you dont need to have people online to buy items from them(fuck yeah!) ;)
You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
Well Im of the mindset that the AH was a huge issue with D3 - every item I needed could be purchased from the AH and there was absolutely no excitement from loot drops as inevitably there was something I could get from the AH for next to nothing (AH was flooded with items). For a game where you are supposed to enjoy the loot 'drops' there was none of that and any item I wanted at my level could be attained with a couple clicks.

However GGG did say they were working on making 'trading' easier beyond the trade chat spam in this game. Haven't heard an update in a while but I hope it will be a part of the next big update...

Never once opened the auction house and played D3 pretty much the same way I play PoE. Still playing PoE and couldn't care less about D3. It's not the auction house. It's the game. D3 is bland. Skills are bland. Progression is non-existent. Item progression is reduced to a single variable.

Not a good design.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It's not the auction house. It's the game. D3 is bland. Skills are bland. Progression is non-existent. Item progression is reduced to a single variable.

A hundred non-existent upvotes for you sir.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Never once opened the auction house and played D3 pretty much the same way I play PoE. Still playing PoE and couldn't care less about D3. It's not the auction house. It's the game. D3 is bland. Skills are bland. Progression is non-existent. Item progression is reduced to a single variable.

Not a good design.

Its a much better game now. But I still love PoE a lot more.
"
InDLegacy wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Not a good design.

Its a much better game now. But I still love PoE a lot more.

Not going to pay them more money to find out if you're right. Glad you like it though.
I don't like the small talk + it's a arpg where you want to progress on many levels . Interracting with other players for trivial stuff like trading is a step back .

Chatting with other players to figure out a good price etc should be completely optional and not forced like it is right now .

D2 was 20 years ago , get over it - move forward not back in time .
R.I.P 4.B.
You imply that time makes D2 concepts bad these days. There is no good logic behind that.
Last edited by InDLegacy on Nov 24, 2014, 9:26:10 PM
I don't think you have to worry about an Auction House in an ARPG ever again. D3 pretty much killed the concept for everybody.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info