New skill tree theories and discussion!

Very tired of remaking my character every 3-6 months. Some like it. Not me. My plans for a game like this span years. Hard to do when you have to re-plan three times a year.
"
SevenKnives wrote:
@Aviark13
Have you moved Mind over Matter away intentionally or it is just your mistake ?
It will be good if GGG will finally move MoM closer to the center of the tree (Scion, Witch, Shadow side) in similar way like they did with Vaal Pact.
Duelist/Ranger side of the tree offers very good defenses like Iron Reflexes and most of the Duelist/Ranger builds is not using MoM due to low mana pool

I kinda moved it because I felt that change was coming, but I am expecting it to be nearby, probably closer towards the ranger area, I feel that MoM was made for melee builds to have a stronger survivability, another way to mitigate damage. I think it wasn't intended to be used with EB like it usually is, but if you may have noticed the teaser I built this from also doesnt have vaal pact where it usually is. I think the two keystones will be getting moved around a bit, even if its just a point or two different. MoM could very well be in the same place, I just felt with the addition of the large wheels they are adding that MoM would move over a tad.
IGN: RegalForce
First of all: nice work on that picture!

It looks very plausible overall except for one part: I highly doubt that they would remove (really hope they don't!) any option of getting mana and intelligence in the starting area since that would be a massive disadvantage compared to all other classes. It would make much more sense to switch the Mana Flows and Leather and Steel clusters in your picture to get the option of going mana vs life between Master of the Arena and Acceleration while having the evasion cluster before the sword one and life before axes.
Thinking about it some more, the life cluster before axes might even be armor but who knows. This would make the leveling process more intuitive, which is part of what GGG has been going for with the recent changes and would outline the early leveling choices like this:
1. decision: phys damage vs. attack speed
2. life vs. mana (or both) to get to the other respective notable
3. choice of fighting style
4. armor vs. evasion
5. choice of weapon type
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
If this is the new tree I'll never do a duellist again.
duellist will suck so hard then^^
i dont know guys , this tree seems better for anyone except the duelist :P.It seems like it will be way harder to get out efficently from the duelist starting tree, especially for duelists who want to go for a less conventional build .

The usual bor *insert melee skill here* should be fine but not necessarily better.A ranger lets say will have it way easier to get all the good stuff without having to go through nodes like the extra melee phys dmg one or probably get a really bad 3% attack speed node to travel to acceleration .

I really hope mana is somewhere nearer too , and fuck those block nodes being moved so far away is still harming the duelist more than anyone else . I like that hey put general nodes in the beggining tho and that they specialize the further you go and i like that the good nodes are being gathered in one place to show that the area is truly a specific class area.

We will have to see i guess , hate it that they had to tease us like this , give me my icons!

WHat i also hate is that there exist people who actually are bothered from new things , a moving meta and 30 minutes of extra thinking every 3-6 months..ughh at least complain about d-asdasclbnasgvascmagsdfohir'
Last edited by MadBro_ on Nov 25, 2014, 9:17:04 AM
There is no real need to rework the Duelist start area. It was already buffed once quite successfully, and subsequently updated to include DoT damage clusters. Every revision since has only made it less efficient, though nothing like the clusterfuck that sabotaged the Marauder start. Mara is what desperately needs attention, preferably to change it back to something resembling the previous Marauder start.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Very tired of remaking my character every 3-6 months. Some like it. Not me. My plans for a game like this span years. Hard to do when you have to re-plan three times a year.

Funny enough, this is exactly why I play this game over others. I love the fresh start every 4 months. It gives me an excuse to try new builds. Now in any other game, I'm right with you. I never make alts in any MMO I play. Not so much with PoE. I've probably made 30 characters since the start of Open Beta, each a different spec.

On topic, I'm interested in seeing how they change the Duelist tree. I've only made 1 Dual Strike Duelist (which failed miserably) to date and would like to try a different class.
"
GodlyMe wrote:
It would be nice if they'd leave the damn tree alone already.

I'm sick of having to remake/make new characters because they completely rearrange the tree and wipe my passives.... initially, in CB, they said there would be one wipe upon release and that would be it.

So much for that idea.

That refereed to a wipe of your account.

For the majority who play leagues, the tree changing is the best part.
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Aviark13 wrote:

While I know that Chris said there would only be one wipe, I believe he was referring to a full account wipe, where all items gear and skill trees were wiped and characters set to level 1, passive tree resets are necessary for the game to grow and be more balanced, however I do understand the frustration of having to reset characters I'm pretty sure this is the only one that is this close to the previous reset. all the others were 6-8 months-ish apart, and is to address necessary balance issues, that have arisen in these leagues.

I think the poster you quoted is a spambot. lol
Why would you say that?

-_-

I would expect more from a forum moderator.

Shame on you.
Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
Last edited by GodlyMe on Nov 25, 2014, 6:15:56 PM
Path of Exile to me is a stat tree simulator, so the moment it stops seeing reburbishments is the moment it's largely dead to me.

Better to remove it entirely and implement a skill tree instead, than to let it stagnate.

"
RogueMage wrote:
There is no real need to rework the Duelist start area.

The little region with Ice Bite and where Blade Master now sits has always been an unwashed armpit of tears. And the guy never had axe clusters so he's still just Sword Man, swording it up.

"
Mara is what desperately needs attention, preferably to change it back

God no. Non onono no non ono nooooooooooooo

No.
Last edited by LimitedRooster on Nov 25, 2014, 8:53:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info