New skill tree theories and discussion!

Hello all,
As the league's have ended, and the pathing of the new skill tree starting areas has been teased I thought I would kick off a discussion on what some of the changes to the Duelist and Templar starting areas might be.
I created this image of what I think may be done to the Duelist starting area.

View the full image here.

I based it off the teaser revealed in the recent news post,
Recap of BotW/HotW Episodes and 1.3.0 Skill Tree Teaser

And they have done with the recent changes to the shadow and witch starting areas, and the outside of the tree.

I also used information from the discussions held on the state of exile pod cast with GGG developers Carl & Rory, and where they daid they wanted to take the tree in the future. Watch the pod-cast here

I'm not as familiar with the Templar starting area so I'm not quite sure what might be done with it.

I'd love to hear what you guys think of my theory for the Duelist starting area and what else you think GGG might do with the new skill tree.
IGN: RegalForce
It would be nice if they'd leave the damn tree alone already.

I'm sick of having to remake/make new characters because they completely rearrange the tree and wipe my passives.... initially, in CB, they said there would be one wipe upon release and that would be it.

So much for that idea.
Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
Last edited by GodlyMe on Nov 21, 2014, 12:03:12 AM
While I understand where you are coming from as I have quite a few standard characters, when the tree resets and I get to tweak my favourite builds again I find it huge blessing! I often make bad passive choices and it becomes costly to fix changes over and over again.

Also I think the constant changes to the tree in between leagues, allows for players to try new things, explore more and not get as bored with the game as fast, but I can understand if you don't agree with me.
I do think its to early for a respec that being said resolute technique and building damage without crit does seem vastly underpowered for melee toons. I hope they change a couple of key areas but keep most of the tree the same so we dont have to rebuy gear or spend regret after regret adapting once again.
There have been a bunch of passive resets, but no wipes. I'm wondering if the top left keystone in the templar area is AoF.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right!" Henry Ford
"
Jackel6672 wrote:
There have been a bunch of passive resets, but no wipes. I'm wondering if the top left keystone in the templar area is AoF.

I think Avatar of Fire will have moved down, closer to the Marauder area. I think the Key Stone in the top left is Ancestral Bond, cause that would be the same 4 node cluster before it.

"
Fhark wrote:
I do think its to early for a respec that being said resolute technique and building damage without crit does seem vastly underpowered for melee toons. I hope they change a couple of key areas but keep most of the tree the same so we dont have to rebuy gear or spend regret after regret adapting once again.

While I agree its quite early, after the new Shadow and Witch changes Crit has dominated this meta, I think Templar, Marauder and Duelist are in need of a damage buff.
"
Aviark13 wrote:
While I understand where you are coming from as I have quite a few standard characters, when the tree resets and I get to tweak my favourite builds again I find it huge blessing! I often make bad passive choices and it becomes costly to fix changes over and over again.

Making bad passive choices will happen because your character changes time to time, and you get new items that might require more attributes, or need to invest more in. Sometimes, it can really be costly that passive reset is a blessing. I have had many instances messing up.

Having leveled up so many characters has helped me learn to be more efficient when it comes allocating my points in the tree. I will still make some bad decisions time to time, but there are repairable. The reason why I make less mistake now because I do more research, pre-plan the tree before I make a character, and calculate what my offense and defense will be in end-game. For most part, I stick to the plan the moment I start the character, and the only time I take a side step if I need more attributes to meet the gem or gear requirement.

Though, it stinks to allocate a lot of characters, especially when having 10 lvl 80+ characters, a lvl 76 character, and uprising lvl 56 character. I just like making new chars, and getting them to end-game, but when passive reset comes (a hellish day), I need about a day or two to plan out the new tree.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Nov 21, 2014, 12:23:15 AM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Though, it stinks to allocate a lot of characters, especially when having 10 lvl 80+ characters, a lvl 76 character, and uprising lvl 56 character. I just like making new chars, and getting them to end-game, but when passive reset comes (a hellish day), I need about a day or two to plan out the new tree.

Phew yea it does take a while when you have that many high level characters. I fine though I always feel good after I've remade the tree and feel really strong. My first character that got to merc got stuck in act 1 and had uber low dps. after playing more rolling new characters and having friends join me, I definitely got better at planning trees and recognizing good nodes for my builds. when a kill tree reset came I re-rolled my ranger that first got me to merc and she is now my highest level, the chance to rebuild from scratch really helped. But I guess if I already had my characters min-maxed then a skill tree reset would seriously suck.
very high quality
good job
If this is accurate...

That new Testudo positioning plus potential extra block nodes...Kreygasm.

(I never play Duelits...ever. So having that more accessible for other classes is amazing)
Noblesse oblige

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info