Path of Exile Community Designed Unique - Part 1 - Select the Base Item!

What item type should the community designed unique be on?

Belt
207736.41%
Flask
83314.6%
Gloves
128322.49%
Amulet
151126.49%
Poll closed
That is true of course but come on ... is shooting fireballs from your hands more realistic?
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 25, 2014, 8:05:07 AM
"
Avacado wrote:

Makes plenty of sense, this would enable creative builds using the current shields out there (and that are to come).
- May make some scope for a good Thorn's build, somehow utilise Tempest Shield more efficiently or people might actually use Spiked Shields?
- Allows people to focus on defense and the benefits that can be gained from shields (res, armour, es, eva, max res)
- Could create some sort of set-up to allow things to prox more often.
- May be able to utilise some spell dmg/crit dmg.
and there are plenty more ideas too.

Mhm, all the "scope of new creative builds" I see. Yes. I can see it. Dual Rise of the Phoenix, yes, RF spam, yes. So many creative builds with shield charge. Totally. Rathpith Globe, lol. Roflmao Prism Guardian. They are so obviously broken, that it makes me think that you are not aware of their existence :-V

Also, fighting with TWO SHIELD makes 0 sense. Using one heavy shield might make some sense (Facebreakers) but using two is just needless weight, that offers no defense, because you can't really block with both.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"allows the use of a non-unique shield on the main hand"

Problem solved
"
ZaM wrote:

Problem not solved

Hy @ Legacy Kite Shields...

Fixed dat 4 u
"
Lightshard wrote:
"
ZaM wrote:

Problem not solved

Hy @ Legacy Kite Shields...

Fixed dat 4 u

Who cares about legacy kites standard is broken already anyway.
Next poll should be a re-vote between belt vs amulet
Visit my shop!

〆〆〆 ( ( ( THE BALROG'S BAZAAR ) ) ) 〆〆〆
"
Perq wrote:
"
Avacado wrote:

Makes plenty of sense, this would enable creative builds using the current shields out there (and that are to come).
- May make some scope for a good Thorn's build, somehow utilise Tempest Shield more efficiently or people might actually use Spiked Shields?
- Allows people to focus on defense and the benefits that can be gained from shields (res, armour, es, eva, max res)
- Could create some sort of set-up to allow things to prox more often.
- May be able to utilise some spell dmg/crit dmg.
and there are plenty more ideas too.

Mhm, all the "scope of new creative builds" I see. Yes. I can see it. Dual Rise of the Phoenix, yes, RF spam, yes. So many creative builds with shield charge. Totally. Rathpith Globe, lol. Roflmao Prism Guardian. They are so obviously broken, that it makes me think that you are not aware of their existence :-V

Also, fighting with TWO SHIELD makes 0 sense. Using one heavy shield might make some sense (Facebreakers) but using two is just needless weight, that offers no defense, because you can't really block with both.

Na, it wasn't my intention to be able to allow x2 of the same shield nor was I thinking that they should be both unique items. Anyway, it was the concept that I was pitching, the tailoring to make the idea work is something that comes after that with moderation :)
"
sherkhan wrote:
Amusing.

Independent polling suggests that the community wanted an amulet.

However, this poll appears to have been significantly biased by Ziggy's request for a belt.

Why bother going through this song and dance to project an image of community?

Independent polling? Don't joke...

Anyways, any intelligent person would have voted for belt, we're SEVERELY lacking in the unique belt category.

You've got an ES belt, a trapper belt, a gimmick belt (headhunter), a "general purpose" belt (doryani's)... a bunch of crap belts.... and that's it. That leaves a LOT of gaps for melee builds, crit builds, bow builds, etc. to get something interesting out of this.

Belt is also a slot that doesn't typically generate a lot of interesting rares, just resists/life and maybe weapon ele damage. Currently it's the most boring slot to gear up, we desperately need an interesting unique belt.

BTW didn't watch ziggy's video if these points are repeats of what he said, it's just common sense that a belt should be the one.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
"
demivion wrote:
"
sherkhan wrote:
Amusing.

Independent polling suggests that the community wanted an amulet.

However, this poll appears to have been significantly biased by Ziggy's request for a belt.

Why bother going through this song and dance to project an image of community?

Independent polling? Don't joke...

Anyways, any intelligent person would have voted for belt, we're SEVERELY lacking in the unique belt category.

You've got an ES belt, a trapper belt, a gimmick belt (headhunter), a "general purpose" belt (doryani's)... a bunch of crap belts.... and that's it. That leaves a LOT of gaps for melee builds, crit builds, bow builds, etc. to get something interesting out of this.

Belt is also a slot that doesn't typically generate a lot of interesting rares, just resists/life and maybe weapon ele damage. Currently it's the most boring slot to gear up, we desperately need an interesting unique belt.

BTW didn't watch ziggy's video if these points are repeats of what he said, it's just common sense that a belt should be the one.

1-2 Rustic Sashes are coming soon, if you failed to read.

Probably sooner before this unique is created
Last edited by H4NS on Nov 26, 2014, 4:23:48 AM
There's room for many rustic sash uniques, low and high level, melee and ranged, phys spell... many different things they can handle
Designer of The Broken Crown
Designer of The Sigil Divination Card
https://www.reddit.com/user/ThisIsABuff/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info