Path of Exile Community Designed Unique - Part 1 - Select the Base Item!

What item type should the community designed unique be on?

Belt
207736.41%
Flask
83314.6%
Gloves
128322.49%
Amulet
151126.49%
Poll closed
seriously flasks are the least picked?

really?

:(
★ IGN: Pinockio_the_Transexual or PM me on forums ★
phew... this is a tough one.

I would certainly want build enabling, things like shavs, facebreaker, etc are what make this game most intriguing to me. I think melee (particularly 2h) need love at the moment. I also enjoy items that make sense.... see spoiler for examples.

a few ideas:
Spoiler
forgive names, not trying too hard here...

titan gloves - enable you to dual wield 2 hand weapons at cost of offense/defense (you hold the swords with hands, this ability on gloves makes sense.. could make 2h viable)
shield gloves - add block for dual wielding, or high block added for 2h builds... +max block? (could look like heavily armored gauntlets!? again, making 2h viable or melee safer in general)

hp belt - increased hp or regen by a % per number of monsters in 5m , etc (could also be dps)
(No particular reasoning behind this, just want to see this mechanic :) )

amulet/flask could be anything... need to think bout those.

one thing is for sure, I'll be voting for gloves.
"
instakitty wrote:

I would certainly want build enabling, things like shavs, facebreaker, etc are what make this game most intriguing to me. I think melee (particularly 2h) need love at the moment. I also enjoy items that make sense.... see spoiler for examples.

a few ideas:
Spoiler

titan gloves - enable you to dual wield 2 hand weapons at cost of offense/defense (you hold the swords with hands, this ability on gloves makes sense.. could make 2h viable)
shield gloves - add block for dual wielding, or high block added for 2h builds... +max block? (could look like heavily armored gauntlets!? again, making 2h viable or melee safer in general)

hp belt - increased hp or regen by a % per number of monsters in 5m , etc (could also be dps)

What about dual-wielding shields?

PS!
No I_NO, no.
"Path of Exile needs a Circlejerk Subforum" -cypherrage
"
Entropher wrote:
2 ideas for flasks:

Quicksilver flask - adds 15% cast and attack speed
Vaal flask - stores up to 30 souls which, when used refills vaals gems with souls

I think the second one would be really interesting thing to have in the game. But I guess flasks have the last place in the poll here :/

damn just voted for amulet before I read this, I like the sound of those Vaal flasks :)
twitch.tv/Owwlll
"
Voidin_Blitz wrote:
"
instakitty wrote:

a few ideas:
Spoiler

PS!
No I_NO, no.

I had honestly thought about that prior to beyond/rampage, but I don't think it will happen. It'd be pretty much limited to casters (es shields can actually boost dps), unless they add a new gem that gives flat phys dmg based on shield equipped. D2's smite was seriously one of my favorite builds. DW smite... mmmm ... just the thought.....
A Unique that can give high amount of mana regen or EB. So melee builds can run AA. Wait, is there a unique that does that already?
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
Vote flask
"
Voidin_Blitz wrote:

Playing Morrowind I wanted to be able to cast a frenzy on an entire room, and then crouch inside duel wielded tower shields resembling a barrel in the corner of the room while everyone slaughters each other!

Voted gloves. I'm assuming something's going to happen with crit in the coming weeks so I haven't thought up a "help RT builds get some of the benefits that crit does" unique, I see a few people went for that. If crit stayed the same then I'd probably suggest unique gloves with damage penetration and chance to inflict elemental status ailments. Although that would probably belong on a node rather than a unique!

Random ideas:

"Vitriol of the Darktongue" - Samite Gloves
+(50-100)% Increased Energy Shield
+(50-75) to Maximum Life
+1 to Level of Curse Gems in this Item
Gems in this item are Supported by level 16 Curse on Hit
Curse a Nearby Enemy for (4 to 8) Seconds on Killing a Cursed Enemy

Concept: Give people a way to get a 5L Curse on Hit setup without sacrificing a damage skill. Plenty of room to be creative in how you deploy curses.

"Greust's Endless Ale" - Quicksilver Flask
(100 to 150)% increased Charges used
Regains a charge every (6 to 10) seconds
50% Less Chance to Block or Evade during flask effect
Take no reflect damage during flask effect

Concept: Get beered up and somehow fight better!

"Tearcatcher" Hammered Buckler (looks like a bucket)
No sockets
-10% Move Speed
When you defeat an exile in PvP, perform a taunt

Concept: Handicap yourself with this useless offhand item and enjoy the tears of your opponent when you win anyway! An appropriate taunt from questing such as "Did the Earth move for you baby?" plays when you win, and both you and your opponent hear it!
Last edited by MisterBernn on Nov 23, 2014, 12:35:45 AM
I voted for amulets because of there are only very rare and expensive legacy amulets or worthless leveling ones. And the useless anvil of course. Only stone of lazhwar is the only one which is worth to use and not legacy.
Also good to read to next patch will consists some unique rustic belt, that was a big hole in the game before.
Give us a 2-socket belt! Pretty pretty pretty please.

I love to play builds that act supportively and/or situationally and with the current amount of gemslots you feel punished far too quickly even with 2x unset ring.

I'd love a rare belt with this function but I'd even take an ''unset belt''.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info