What need the game to run good ?

How much space , RAM memory ?
What kind of processor , windows ?
Please answer me .
SSD drive, most likely. Some modern GPU (not a low-end budget one, but something better). 4GB of RAM should do. Windows 7 and up? Quad core, modern processor.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
2gb ram are enough
dual core cpu, except something is running in background. I dont think this game supports 4 cores.
ssd for loading screen.
Radeon rx270 or better.(Rain is your foe)
Win7+
and a good connection for sure.
so if you are running a quad core processor then would that cause the game to stop randomly?
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
I'm not entirely sure how much the HDD/SSD will impact loading times. I've noticed that PoE loads things significantly slower (in terms of MB/s read speed) than other games. So a faster drive may or may not speed load times.

Graphics-card-wise, the game is NOT very demanding. I do recommend an actual video card, and not, y'know, Intel GMA graphics or something else integrated into the motherboard or processor. Basically if it could run, say, World of Warcraft or other popular 3D MMOs of the day it'll have no problem with POE.

The CPU, though, it can use a bit more of. MOST of the time even an older CPU won't have issues... But if the screen fills with spell effects it WILL slow to a crawl, and it'll be because the CPU can't handle arranging that all so fast.

The big issue, though, is RAM. In its current form the game is INCREDIBLY buggy, and essentially leaks RAM. If you have less than 4 GB, or are using a 32-bit OS, (which automatically makes your usable RAM be less than 4 GB) the game has a nasty habit of crashing on you when you load an area, and it can get incredibly frequent.

Lastly, the quality of your Internet connection doesn't really matter as much. Desync, lag, and disconnect issues are more of the game itself being pretty fickle and not responding well to common occurrences on the Internet itself.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
If you do Partyplay on 1080 you will need something like a r9 280 or 280x or even better.
The more effects (higher level) the more fps will drop from something like 200 to 40 for a second, making it stuttering and feel not smooth.
Burning or Iced Grounds@full party are framekillers.
My old 6870 could not handle a full glowing party with some alternate effects.
You may want to check that.

I would not recommend getting a dualcore anymore.
They are completly outdated.
Even there are cpu like the fx6300 far under 100€ in stores and they are alot more stronger then dualcore.
Paired with a new graphics card you could get everything from 6300 to i5 or mir

4GB is enough for Poe, Browser, Music and so on.
If you play other new Games then Poe too i strongly suggest 8GB.

SSD is for partyplay a must have, or you will find yourself somewhere behind the crowd, who loads the maps alot faster.
Also strongboxes are not "freezing" you anymore.
I got a big change to loading times with a ssd.

windows7/8 its your choice, they are booth good performing.

If you go solo only the specs of the game arent that demanding.
Last edited by blackstar on Nov 23, 2014, 3:49:11 AM
2GB is not enough. 4GB isn't really enough either, especially if you have a browser open in the background (you should always have a browser open, there is no reason not to) I'm not sure how people can have PoE AND a web browser open simultaneously with only 4GB. I have Cyberfox and Opera open atm (PoE is closed) and I'm already at 4.7GB used.

If you have less memory, Windows will use less by default, but expect things to be sluggish.

The game will probably run on 2GB, but expect crashes.

I would recommend minimum 6GB.
Ideal is 16GB+ and running PoE off a ramdisk (softperfect's ramdisk is good) or 8GB + SSD. Don't try running off a normal HDD, while it will work, the load times will be horrendous.

As for graphics, I'm using a Radeon 7770 (equivalent to a Radeon R7 260) on 1080p max settings. It works fine even for a CoC discharge build. The fps can drop sometimes in heavy fights during multiplayer, but it generally works fine.

CPU - quadcore is better than dual core, don't kid yourself.

All in all, the best computing experience upgrade you can do for yourself is getting an SSD, and memory is cheap, there's really no reason to get less than 8GB.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
it all depends on how big is your monitor and the resulting resolution and if you want to run the game on full details.

personally i'm running the game on 1900*1200px in full details on a CPU Core i7-2600, a Samsung SSD and a GForce GTX780 and 8 GB RAM on Win7Prof.

when choosing a monitor i would always recommend a with/height aspect ratio of 16:10 instead of the common 16:9 which was developed for watching videos and tv without black stripes, not computer games.

the additional 200 pixels in height will prove to be so much more helpful for detecting enemies earlier when running up and down (which is half of your overall movement anyway) then detecting enemies left and right where you already have additional sight by current monitor design.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Nov 23, 2014, 9:33:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info