Crafting Physical Wands Gets the Short-End of the Stick?

Normal, non-crafted mods lumps bows and one-hander together in terms of flat physical damage. They both can get a range of 19-45 added phys dmg. So how come when it comes to Tora's crafting bench, they're separated, with bow getting a higher phys value than wands? Meanwhile, things like +attack speed are the same for bows and wands...
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
Because Wands are not Bows. Bows are 2handed basically, wands are not.
Its called "Balancing"
"
Kaz2ndChance wrote:
Normal, non-crafted mods lumps bows and one-hander together in terms of flat physical damage. They both can get a range of 19-45 added phys dmg. So how come when it comes to Tora's crafting bench, they're separated, with bow getting a higher phys value than wands? Meanwhile, things like +attack speed are the same for bows and wands...

Hey Kaz how's it going :D

Look at some mirror worthy wands, they have dps values around 380 or so. Mirror bows have like 565 dps. Wands have much higher crit and aps, and they scale much differently from the tree. Also, the abilities you use with wands are alot different than the ones you can use with bows. Finally, wands are 1H; you can use shields, a great asset. Bows are effectively 2H weapons (not saying quivers are bad tho).

I just think you can't directly compare them.
Last edited by CabooseDog on Nov 19, 2014, 11:32:40 AM
Wands suck because they cant use Tornado Shot and Puncture.

Wand skills are total SHIT.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
so how come the highest dps build in the game uses wands?
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
Dkodr wrote:
so how come the highest dps build in the game uses wands?

Lowlife Crit Bow builds actually do more damage than comparable wand builds. They're just less popular.
Low-life crit bow specs are also unreccomended if you are a heavy mapper since the risk of pepperoni is very high with no ES shield.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Wands are broken as fuck shit you should see Jakes wand.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
dps numbers doesnt really matter and that area, its about clear speed and there chain is op
but the down side is the single target dmg ^^
"
Wands are broken as fuck shit you should see Jakes wand.

what this thing??

384.5 local weapon dps. looks balanced to me. pls no nerferino!

dps works out to -

like 105k gmp + chain in mana build (using the aura setup Lawyne and I switched to recently)

somewhere around 140k gmp + chain in BM build (Fyndel guide)

(no buffs ofc - BM goes to like 250k+ gmp + chain with just atziri flask and Vaal haste on)

With 20% es on each ring you get about 8.1k energy shield - re:above I don't think there's any bow builds that can get near that as they cannot use a shield.

Ceratoidei makes a good point about single target... some people choose to use one of their 3/4 links to add a single target attack as killing bosses with only 100k+ PS can be annoying. Personally I prefer to just carry a 2nd Shav in inventory with a 6l single target setup in it and swap it on for boss fights.

single target fully buffed.... this is Fyndels tooltip from right after 1.2 hit. Changes have been made (and Herald of Thunder added to the game) since then so I'm sure could go higher with a bit of work. (it's just over 1mil tooltip)

should also note: Wands (a few mods different from mine) are also used for the best CoC builds possible. In theory they get even higher dps but that's all calculated rather than tooltip, and thus must be ignored by decent people everywhere as we all know that The Almighty Tooltip is not to be blasphemed against.

tldr; bows are for people who enjoy being dead; daggers are a viable weapon only because of Whirling Blades and because Lightning Warp can be an annoying pain in the ass at times; WANDS FOREVER!
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info