I feel like a complete idiot now.

/oos macro my friend thats going to be your best solultion.
"but i tell u its just fo' try, fo' peep n' fo' know"
Generally we find that people with severe desync and disconnection problems are running on wifi in decade-old routers connecting to the internet using three straws instead of wires, but your problem has to do with different things.

>CoC Cyclone Discharger

Well I'd consider looking into a GPU upgrade, since this sounds like hell on your shader processing cores. Video lag is not the same thing as desync though. If you're currently sporting a GTX 980 or whatever, disregard.

You should practice always hitting the Shift key when attacking, and avoid attacking highlighted targets, try to compensate for the desync by imagining what the server is seeing a split second later and predicting your actual path from there. It's nice to hit an orientation movement skill when you can, like Lightning Warp or Flicker Strike, but these can get you into trouble as easy as out of trouble. There are ways to remap right-click to shift-right-click, etc. AHK is one way, and it has the benefit of also providing you with macros for things like /oos.
Last edited by ionface on Nov 19, 2014, 7:11:31 AM
Thank you to all the replies on this thread.

I hope one day GGG can gather the resources they need to improve their game engine and alas allow us people who want to play a offensive orientated build actually be able to play the game and smash through content like our builds should..

As for downgrading back to my old internet, I don't think I'm going to because all other games I play online work better now. Especially Battlefield 4.

Unfortunately fibre costs a lot in the UK and ISPs aren't generally bothered whether or not you're on it. (Excluding Virgin Media here, they're the only company that want you on fibre so they can brag they have the "fastest UK internet")

As for the /oos macro, way ahead of you. /oos was pretty much mandatory throughout leveling my character as I have died over 100 times to desync (~30% of them deaths were just lack of my skill in-game)
PoE is love, PoE is life, Don't fight it. Just accept it.
"
Crispe wrote:
Hi guys.

Recently I upgraded to fibre internet (from copper cable) in hopes to improve my connection to the PoE servers and reduce desync. I went from a 30Mbps copper connection with 3Mbps upload to a 55Mbps Fibre connection with 6Mbps upload.

My bill went from £32 a month to £65 a month and my connection with every other game is now flawless, even though it was fine before, but PoE is the main reason here.

Needless to say, my connection to PoE is still absolutely horrible. My ping times are somewhat okay (~30ms) but desync still absolutely ruins my gameplay experience.

I play 2 builds, 1 being a CoC Cyclone Discharger. I know this build suffers badly from desync but I thought; "oh if I just upgrade my internet to fibre I should be okay, I'm sure the PoE servers are on fibre."

Oh how I was WRONG. Completely, completely wrong.

What must I do to make my build playable? I live in the UK, connecting to the EU server. I shouldn't be having this issue but I am.

My PC also isn't the problem as I can handle PoE on max settings (60fps vsync @ 1080p) and the ethernet cable going into my PC is Cat5e (1Gbps).

Just a warning to anyone thinking about upgrading their internet to make your PoE experience better, it doesn't matter whether you're using a 8Mbps 1 bar weak wireless signal playing on a Intel Atom notebook or have a top of the line PC connected via a 1Gbps ethernet LAN with a fibre outside line.

55mps on fiber? That seams low for fiber, I get 50mbps down 5mps up on a coaxial cable line for just 79$ a month USD (20 ping, 0 packet loss, 0-1 jitter)

And desync has very little to do with our connections, having a good connection is only half of the problem the rest lies on GGG's end...deysnc happens when you and the server disagree on what's going on at the time. On your screen you are doing one thing, on their end you are doing another, they designed a fast paced game without the technical mechanics to support it. That is why builds that move slower don't experience as much of it as other builds that move extremely fast through maps. I can play my summoner and never desync but switch over to my attack speed duelist and desync left and right. One way to fix the issue is to let us "the client" have more control but they don't want to do that because they fear "cheaters", it's just one of those issues you just have to take a deep breath and say "oh well"...the issue many never be fixed!
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Nov 19, 2014, 9:28:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info