I feel like a complete idiot now.

Hi guys.

Recently I upgraded to fibre internet (from copper cable) in hopes to improve my connection to the PoE servers and reduce desync. I went from a 30Mbps copper connection with 3Mbps upload to a 55Mbps Fibre connection with 6Mbps upload.

My bill went from £32 a month to £65 a month and my connection with every other game is now flawless, even though it was fine before, but PoE is the main reason here.

Needless to say, my connection to PoE is still absolutely horrible. My ping times are somewhat okay (~30ms) but desync still absolutely ruins my gameplay experience.

I play 2 builds, 1 being a CoC Cyclone Discharger. I know this build suffers badly from desync but I thought; "oh if I just upgrade my internet to fibre I should be okay, I'm sure the PoE servers are on fibre."

Oh how I was WRONG. Completely, completely wrong.

What must I do to make my build playable? I live in the UK, connecting to the EU server. I shouldn't be having this issue but I am.

My PC also isn't the problem as I can handle PoE on max settings (60fps vsync @ 1080p) and the ethernet cable going into my PC is Cat5e (1Gbps).

Just a warning to anyone thinking about upgrading their internet to make your PoE experience better, it doesn't matter whether you're using a 8Mbps 1 bar weak wireless signal playing on a Intel Atom notebook or have a top of the line PC connected via a 1Gbps ethernet LAN with a fibre outside line.

PoE is love, PoE is life, Don't fight it. Just accept it.
Yup. They should just scrap their game engine.
I feel sorry for you.
However, such is the cruel world of online gaming. I feel your pain. My gaming experience is also full of strange lags and desyncs, even though my paper latency is 25.

Sadly, there is no cure. You can just take anesthetics and walk it out.
Can I have your stuff when you quit because of desync?
sry to say, but if u'd know the reason for desyncs in PoE than u would have never upgraded ur internet connection in the first place.
Chris(I think it was) explained it pretty clear in the developers manifesto, just use the search engine and u'll see that faster internet doesn't help, especially if u already got a good ping like ~30ms.

btw. I play on a 3MBps connection and got the same issues/ping as u have :)
"
Crispe wrote:
Hi guys.

Recently I upgraded to fibre internet (from copper cable) in hopes to improve my connection to the PoE servers and reduce desync. I went from a 30Mbps copper connection with 3Mbps upload to a 55Mbps Fibre connection with 6Mbps upload.

My bill went from £32 a month to £65 a month and my connection with every other game is now flawless, even though it was fine before, but PoE is the main reason here.

Needless to say, my connection to PoE is still absolutely horrible. My ping times are somewhat okay (~30ms) but desync still absolutely ruins my gameplay experience.

I play 2 builds, 1 being a CoC Cyclone Discharger. I know this build suffers badly from desync but I thought; "oh if I just upgrade my internet to fibre I should be okay, I'm sure the PoE servers are on fibre."

Oh how I was WRONG. Completely, completely wrong.

What must I do to make my build playable? I live in the UK, connecting to the EU server. I shouldn't be having this issue but I am.

My PC also isn't the problem as I can handle PoE on max settings (60fps vsync @ 1080p) and the ethernet cable going into my PC is Cat5e (1Gbps).

Just a warning to anyone thinking about upgrading their internet to make your PoE experience better, it doesn't matter whether you're using a 8Mbps 1 bar weak wireless signal playing on a Intel Atom notebook or have a top of the line PC connected via a 1Gbps ethernet LAN with a fibre outside line.

I don't understand how can anyone upgrade their internet without first doing some basic research on the internet.
Your ping has NOTHING to do with your internet speed. It depends only from the distance to the central servers..Also unstable ping is caused, most of the times, by some retarded data route from your end to the central server. The fact that your data has to make 300 pointless stops before reaching the central servers has also nothing to do with your net speed.
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
and I play here w/ 230-300 ms ping... 3:
(Location):PH
Duelist is kylo ren -_-
"
Crispe wrote:
Recently I upgraded to fibre internet (from copper cable) in hopes to improve my connection to the PoE servers and reduce desync.

Whoever told you this, lied to you (willingly or not).

Desync has nothing to do with your PC / hardware / connection and everything to do with bad monster AI, state prediction and path-finding. It's entirely on GGG's side to alleviate desync, by coding a better prediction & communication model.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Nov 19, 2014, 6:17:23 AM
lol i did the same thing no change went back to cheap internet like 3days later. its the engine im convinced. thats why i play sc now. oh well still great game all things considered.
Git R Dun!
You pay so much for fiber? Damn I feel bad for you. In my state the starting price for fiber is cheaper than copper as a way of encouraging people to upgrade.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info