That Lost Ark trailer

sucked, but this new A Trak tune is pretty killer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnDbc0bMthY
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Lol. Knob. :p

It was a great trailer.

We don't play trailers.

Haha, exactly. I saw an article where they called it "the best D2 clone you can't play" or something like that.

I was like: "what the fuck. Do we decide what is "best" based on trailers now? Didn't we learn that trailer tell us shit about the actuall game?"
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Lol. Knob. :p

It was a great trailer.

We don't play trailers.

Precisely.

Lads (or Gals, if either Bex or I_NO are reading this), many trailers had flashy effects and awesome encounters but ended up being baloney.

Where do I start? Ragnarok Online 2, most Blizz Games after D2, CoD series, Warframe, and (a little obscure), Half-Life: Before.

PS!
Runescape, Everquest II, Spiral Knights, et cetera.
"Path of Exile needs a Circlejerk Subforum" -cypherrage
Last edited by Voidin_Blitz on Nov 19, 2014, 9:53:14 AM
Developers produce game trailers that have less to do with the game similar to movies showing you a preview that has nothing to do with the actual movie.

Its called marketing. If you don't know this yet, you are either very young or not reading this.

"
Moonyu wrote:
Developers produce game trailers that have less to do with the game similar to movies showing you a preview that has nothing to do with the actual movie.

Its called marketing. If you don't know this yet, you are either very young or not reading this.

Sure, we all know this.

The point is that it's fine while you get something decent, but it's bad when you get something subpar.

When the product gets released, negative reviews come from the player community (don't trust IGN or Metacritic, money can buy ratings) and reduce the incoming gain. Of course, some have stacks of money and don't mind throwing heaps of it in exchange of, say, not having to wait for reviving, more inventory space or endgame gear at level 2.

Therefore, it gets boycotted by many potential customers, having as one of its reasons the excessively promising trailer.

PS!
TL;DR
If the game isn't good, a good trailer can have negative effects on the customers.
One doesn't simply have fun for watching flashy effects on a screen.
You wan't to actually control that freely, now don't you?
"Path of Exile needs a Circlejerk Subforum" -cypherrage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info