the response to the response to the unacceptable response is unacceptable.

all Kappas aside
pls GGG, do something more than sweeping the issue of cheating under the rug. something beyond asking players for proof would be nice.

really, despite cwu's best efforts earlier this year, to my knowledge nothing was done. dude wrote a 6 page essay. the accused in s8 got his 1k pts on two accounts and neither were banned. assuming that level of proof isn't enough, then... what are we supposed to do when we aren't dealing with an ape who streams his cheating?
Seriously. GGG has all the proof you need, in their statistics. Get a statistician in there. The poker community detected cheaters because they were far outside the norm. PoE cheating isn't that different. If you have someone posting improbable numbers (1 in a million, back to back to back), they are cheating. It's as simple as that.
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Did reddit ban those discussions in the last 48h or certain people don't want to collect negative karma due to drama?

Everything that can be said has been said.

Changing how the map looks and works is a plan since CB alongside /classladder etc.
Without Detection no Bans unless somebody is a genius like some redditors posting videos with revealed map or players shaming some Taiwan streamers doing so.

Even without cheating modes aren't made in a way to create fair races(fixed mobs, random shrines....)

Racing has a low priority at the moment. Maybe when Act4 will be released GGG will add fairer or different modes.

Imo CT fixes a lot of the issues because you can send accussed players to twighlight strand again also nobody would reach 1000 points.

"
unsane wrote:
Seriously. GGG has all the proof you need, in their statistics. Get a statistician in there. The poker community detected cheaters because they were far outside the norm. PoE cheating isn't that different. If you have someone posting improbable numbers (1 in a million, back to back to back), they are cheating. It's as simple as that.

To be fair, statistics can be used to determine issues with rng. If cards are not following the laws of statistics. But that does not apply in this case.
The poker cheats i'm referring to were not poker sites (GGG) cheating their players through manipulating card rng (game rng). It was players (racers) cheating through priviledged information (maphack) and thus falling outside the norm by several standard deviations. This is pretty much the same thing as what we're seeing in PoE, and is detectable in the same way.
"
unsane wrote:
The poker cheats i'm referring to were not poker sites (GGG) cheating their players through manipulating card rng (game rng). It was players (racers) cheating through priviledged information (maphack) and thus falling outside the norm by several standard deviations. This is pretty much the same thing as what we're seeing in PoE, and is detectable in the same way.

2+ seasons of falling outside the norm alters the normal range. Using a maphack is not enough to put you outside of the range by a significant enough amount. Also you miss the part where the statistical anomaly alerts them of a situation that they then investigate. Despite what you may think, there are limitations to the investigating available to GGG for the time being.
"
Actingrude wrote:
Despite what you may think, there are limitations to the investigating available to GGG for the time being.

Totally agree. That's exactly what i'm saying. Employ a statistican.
"
unsane wrote:
"
Actingrude wrote:
Despite what you may think, there are limitations to the investigating available to GGG for the time being.

Totally agree. That's exactly what i'm saying. Employ a statistican.

I don't think you understand what I am saying. Statistics will do very little for this scenario. GGG needs a private investigator to go watch the accused play until a detection method can be put in place.
"
unsane wrote:

Statistical analysis gets harder when nobody's racing because the season was butchered.

I mean, if all that's left for the non-EL/fixed seed races is people that do well, it's hard to say with confidence statistically if they do well because of luck, cheating, "skill" (whatever that means for a season with no challenging races), or some combination of the three.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on Nov 18, 2014, 11:42:46 PM
"
TheTenthDoc wrote:
"
unsane wrote:
Statistical analysis gets harder when nobody's racing because the season was butchered.

While i've hardly done a statistical analysis, nothing i've seen seems to match with all the doomsday "this season is dead" posts. I casually join an EL, and there are 1k - 1.5k - 2k entrants (depending on time of day). That's far more than is typical from the last few seasons. And somehow GGG killed racing, this is a dead season, no one is playing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info