Dont load Steam version

Steam it seems are no better than puss sucking, faecel eating vermin who enjoy nothing less than wasting ones time and money.

[removed by support]

Do NOT load the steam version, it is utter rubbish and a complete waste of time. They also fail to tell you that you can simply use the official launcher which works first time with no delays and annoying crashes.

Last edited by Michael_GGG on Nov 18, 2014, 9:56:32 PM
You just don't like steam.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Nice constructive feedback there :)

To present another perspective - As a Steam Client user I have found very little in the way of issues or problems. I also appreciate the impact they have had on streamlining the delivery of content to end users, including patches and updates. Lastly, their pricing and sale system allows access to a greater variety of games at a cost that entices the end user to "try" something they may not have considered.

But yeah, I am a bit pissed off that Gabe spends all his time rolling in money instead of making HL3.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Nov 18, 2014, 9:47:43 PM
I use both Steam version and GGG version at the same time.

Here is the benefit comparison.

Non-Steam (GGG official) version:

- Faster Loading Time, even without SSD, this version starts up within 12 seconds (steam version takes 45 seconds on my PC)

- Faster update time during patch. About twice faster. (Steam version has doubled download size for every patch for some unknown reason)

- For multiboxing, you can run 2 non-steam versions at the same time, where as steam only limits to 1 steam version of PoE launches at a time.

Steam version:

- You don't have to type in your e-mail address / password when you log in from another PC.

- You can use Steam Wallet as payment method.

- Other steam features such as screenshot taking and steam overlay.

- Steam Inventory keeps track of all the MTX and PoE cosmetics you have.

I bought so many stash tabs and MTX on steam, by the time I learned that non-steam version functions much better, it was too late for me.

Last edited by dree74 on Nov 18, 2014, 10:16:10 PM
"

But yeah, I am a bit pissed off that Gabe spends all his time rolling in money instead of making HL3.

This for sure ^
I stream and create content on YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/IndieSenshi

"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl 2014
"The 5x Diamond Supporter"
Come to think of it Valve gaming has not any major games in these recent years other than absorbing income from their not so original Dota 2.
All in all I like steam for what it is, but recently I purchased a game to try and it simply does not work. So I have discovered that it is impossible to get a refund for purchased games from steam.
I will likely never try new games through steam again as you SOL if they sell you a broken product.

Also, overall PoE performance is better on my direct account vs. my steam access account.
"

If I had money enough to roll on I would do it too, can't blame him.

OP, Steam ate your candy or what?
Huh?
"
dree74 wrote:
I bought so many stash tabs and MTX on steam, by the time I learned that non-steam version functions much better, it was too late for me.

I take it you didn't know that GGG support could have unlinked the steam version of your account so you could still use the same characters/account on the stand alone version?
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
respwnd wrote:
All in all I like steam for what it is, but recently I purchased a game to try and it simply does not work.

Which game was it?

I had problems with fallout 3 which it turned out was actually a problem with the OS since i upgraded from vista 32bit to 7 64 bit without doing a clean instal
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info