Way Point Abuse

I was wondering how GGG felt about giving out Way Points for people when they ask for them. Eg. people asking for all the Way Points in a given area because they don't want to find them on their own.

Would anyone else consider this cheating, and exploit, intended?

All comments and replies welcome ESPECIALLY from GGG Staff.
Did you ever walk through the solaris temple? id risk a bann for getting the wp from others
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
As i said in game, i believe today's behavior regarding how waypoints function for party members is intentional.

There are restrictions, party members can't use portals to bypass act bosses, or areas locked out by incomplete quests (breaking some eggs, Brutus, etc.) Given that this behavior had to be coded deliberately, i can't fathom why they wouldn't also block out unexplored areas while they were at it if that was their intent.

Its a trade-off, a player can give up any drops/xp/etc they would had gained while going through those areas, or go for the time saved and move onto harder content faster.
Last edited by OmegaAxis on Nov 18, 2014, 9:26:44 PM
5 day ban for crashing instances and exploiting crafting?

Id assume a perma ban for boosting waypoints.
"just for try, for see and for know"
Epic Story: Lady Dialla gives you Infernal Tact. You go to your waypoint to destroy the giant mutated vagina, and see that it is not explored...

I dont find it fun to go back to that lowbie area once again through 3 more lowbie zones anymore than running tidal island for corrupted zones.
When levelling up another character, it's usually the start of A3M where I start to consider cutting my wrists.

But, I gut it out.

Doesn't stop me helping people out by giving them the WPs if they need them though. Why not? It's their own potential loot drops they are gimping.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
dgm69 wrote:
I was wondering how GGG felt about giving out Way Points for people when they ask for them. Eg. people asking for all the Way Points in a given area because they don't want to find them on their own.

so,1 waypoint 1 chaos?
actually helping ppl nothing wrong,this is not abuse.
Pant of Exile,Path of Gamer.
This game is an illusion, player.
it's obviously intended, like a social aspect of the game, it's an incentive for partying instead of playing solo. How anybody doesn't get it is beyond me
"
"
dgm69 wrote:

so,1 waypoint 1 chaos?

Most times I see 1 Alch for WP.
Really not a big deal, I help other players with WP sometimes, so what?
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
"
dgm69 wrote:

so,1 waypoint 1 chaos?

Most times I see 1 Alch for WP.
Really not a big deal, I help other players with WP sometimes, so what?

yup,if u play with ur buddy.will u ask ur buddy go find ur own way point?:p
Pant of Exile,Path of Gamer.
This game is an illusion, player.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info