IF WE GIVE PROOF OF CHEATING, New rules needed GGG respond plz. (With suggestions)

Ggg should just really invest in something like gameguard... If not its just milking players from cash facebook time consumer...
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
I don't think we need that much proof to begin with in certain cases.

For example, online time. GGG can see this easily for how long a player is online. We would be able to as well, but GGG does not publish "who is online".

I would say in most cases, if a player is online 20+hours a day for 3+days, it should be flagged.
For new accounts that are online 12+ hours a day for X days, they should be flagged.
For accounts that are online for X hours per week / month, they should be flagged.

Keep in mind, being flagged is not the same as being banned.

Then they can investigate each case as needed, until their detection software can automatically ban/delete them.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
"
Hixxie wrote:

For example, online time. GGG can see this easily for how long a player is online. We would be able to as well, but GGG does not publish "who is online".

I would say in most cases, if a player is online 20+hours a day for 3+days, it should be flagged.
For new accounts that are online 12+ hours a day for X days, they should be flagged.
For accounts that are online for X hours per week / month, they should be flagged.

Then they can investigate each case as needed, until their detection software can automatically ban/delete them.

Okay what should they do with such an online flagging?

Go through 12+ hours of data per person everyday.
"
Point 5. on harassment, that is the only way to make this a clean game, so if someone says in Global to another "F*** Your Mother!" or similar, it should be a 3 day ban, so players KNOW "Oh Shouldn't have written that" and it would spread fast that just ONE writing is enough to keep you wating 3 days to continue playing. (Different than texting " This is a fucking good weapon! or Damn good dagger). Just to get my point here across.

i call BS on this one.
if your talking to your friends like this, its w/e. normal talk.
if your talking in global chat, you get banned from global(+whisper people who arent in your friendlist whould make sence). getting banned from the game doesnt make sence at all.

"

do you even play summoner, bro?

"

your account will never get deleted unless you request it. and when your banned you can still request such a thing (to get your charakter names forexample)
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
Hixxie wrote:

Okay what should they do with such an online flagging?

Go through 12+ hours of data per person everyday.

When your account gets flagged multiple times (counting) then you can automatically perform a temporary ban or account deletion. This is based on their detection software.

So they don't have to deal with cases one by one, speeds up the process of punishing cheaters.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
"
Michael_GGG wrote:
"
StormHunter wrote:
If you do something like RMT, Cheating, or whatever ggg only bans you if you arent a streamer or bought a supporter pack

This simply isn't true. Streamers are treated like any other account, and I've personally handled a fair number of banned account cases that also happen to have supporter packs (they stay banned).

Weeeelllll

i still recall the time when kripp broke the alpha NDA on stream and what happened was exactly nothing.(not that i have anything against the guy, hes a nice dude, but im just giving an example of your ridiculous lenience you blatantly lie about)

and the part about banning, really i sent evidence of some users that was pretty damn good and nothing happened.

There was one specific RMT case that really baffled me, I dont recall the guys account name now since this was over a year ago, but im not the only one who sent a report, the dude had the same exact char name as he had on the account on d2jsp he was using, i found that out by using the magical Google machine, and after looking into it for about 3 more minutes i found that he had bought the exact items he was shoeing off in a build thread.

What happened aftewards, i didnt recieve any reply from support but the guy was put on probation after multiple people sent pretty obvious evidence,a build thread that this user made was swarmed by people showing the evidence as well, he was then put off probation and procceded to update the build thread of his saying that he "discussed it with support and its ok now"... so yeah, thats nice.... he obviously RMT-ed and support let him off...
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Nov 20, 2014, 7:18:24 PM
"
Michael_GGG wrote:
"
StormHunter wrote:
If you do something like RMT, Cheating, or whatever ggg only bans you if you arent a streamer or bought a supporter pack

This simply isn't true. Streamers are treated like any other account, and I've personally handled a fair number of banned account cases that also happen to have supporter packs (they stay banned).

True... kinda... even if a person RMT'd an item into forum gold... and the forum gold straight back to items... yah don't get me started on that fail of a ban... PS I super hate you!

Edit: though the ensuing phone call with chris was pretty hilarious!
Kory
Last edited by KRANDOLPH on Nov 22, 2014, 12:14:49 PM
"
"
Michael_GGG wrote:
"
StormHunter wrote:

True... kinda... even if a person RMT'd an item into forum gold... and the forum gold straight back to items... yah don't get me started on that fail of a ban... PS I super hate you!

Edit: though the ensuing phone call with chris was pretty hilarious!

It's amazing that this guy still can't quite grasp the concept of 'external currency' and why it isn't (supposed to be) allowed.

It's also worth pointing out, the lengths, the 'in your face' the 'look at me breaking ToU on stream and not getting banned' that he had to go to in order to actually get banned.

I don't subscribe to the 'streamers get away with what non-streamers don't' nor do I subscribe to the 'supporters get away with what non-supporters don't'

I subscribe to the rather obvious 'ignore it all until a case is made so public that even the die hard fans are struggling, if there isn't a way to get out of it.. ban' then, 'if we can get away with lifting the ban without it being publicly noticed, do so'
Casually casual.

Nr. 1 -3 agree. 4-end hmm interesting ideas but will not work isnt necessary.
Improoved trading system chris is speaking the last 2 years about... without any results, would fix it all.
NR 7 would enforce perma beeing in the town for the most players
Check our recruitment thread if curious

Twitch: PoE_Vincam
Last edited by baumpaul on Nov 23, 2014, 1:03:42 PM
Why not consider a trade ban as well?

It's another punishment that would stop a particular person being able to RMT without them also being banned from the game as a whole. It could even be temporary, i.e. for the duration of a race or a league.

Another possibility to consider is that instead of banning the account, the items in question get removed instead.

Either way, I think this sticking point is something that GGG ought to address, with a long public sit-down/discussion with the playerbase if need be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info