A PSA for everyone who intends installing Dragon Age: Inquisition on his SSD

"Resource monitors for RAM and CPU consumption numbers, memory viewer for trying to figure out what makes it tick and track address issues, SSD analysis tools for those delicious dead blocks and data tracking.
Wanna know average number of times parts of LotF exe code are fcked around between RAM and HDD in the span of one hour? 150000 copy/write iterations. That's about 10000 times more than usual. DRM constantly decrypts the game code into the memory and encrypts it back. This is the most bull**** usage of encryption software I've ever stumbled upon. And even though code chunks are quite small (couple of kilobytes per go at worst), they are all stored in one memory block. And playing the game for 4-8 hours(depends on SSD quality) means that you can say goodbye to that block."

The same DRM is being used for Dragon Age. Source: http://gamemag.ru/news/drm-zashchita-dragon-ageinquisition-denuvo-antitamper-ubivaet-ssdhdd-101753

TL;DR: Install it on your HDD. Or don't support games that use shitty DRM.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Nov 18, 2014, 1:12:15 AM
They really don't want people to pirate lol holy shit that's some DRM right there. I've played one, I haven't played 2 yet so I'm not going to buy it for a bit.

In addition I DO NOT WANNA INSTALL ORIGIN GOD DAMMIT lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
If you want to support the developers, by all means do so. But you can always crack the game after you buy it.

I normally support indie developers, I like to think I'm a semi-ethical pirate. But as far as steam DRM goes, or Origin, yeah I'm cracking that shit whether I pay for the game or not.

As far as DA:I goes, I'm gonna wait a week or 2 for someone to do a rip/repack of the game, so I'll only have to download 10-15GBs instead of 40-50. 99 times out of 100 if its from a skull user on piratebay, then its got no malware included.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Nov 18, 2014, 2:22:52 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
If you want to support the developers, by all means do so. But you can always crack the game after you buy it.

I normally support indie developers, I like to think I'm a semi-ethical pirate. But as far as steam DRM goes, or Origin, yeah I'm cracking that shit whether I pay for the game or not.

As far as DA:I goes, I'm gonna wait a week or 2 for someone to do a rip/repack of the game, so I'll only have to download 10-15GBs instead of 40-50.

It's impossible to crack atm lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

No its not. Someone is working on it, you can be 100% sure of that. No big AAA game like this is "impossible to crack". The pirates/hackers always win. One thing I've learned over the years is to never doubt that.

Unless the game is always-online DRM, they'll have the game cracked within 20-30 minutes of its release usually. It might take a little longer than that for versions of the game to be uploaded, and for things to properly be seeded.

The only successful DRM vs pirates is always online DRM, with assets required for the game to operate partly being stored on the server. Etc, Diablo 3.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Nov 18, 2014, 2:27:23 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"

No its not. Someone is working on it, you can be 100% sure of that. No big AAA game like this is "impossible to crack". The pirates/hackers always win.

Naw the top ones which I won't mention pretty much mentioned you have to be like a superhuman to crack this shit lol

Like w/e the fuck they did they sure didn't want people to pirate that's how hard it is to crack it lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"

No its not. Someone is working on it, you can be 100% sure of that. No big AAA game like this is "impossible to crack". The pirates/hackers always win.

Naw the top ones which I won't mention pretty much mentioned you have to be like a superhuman to crack this shit lol

Like w/e the fuck they did they sure didn't want people to pirate that's how hard it is to crack it lol

That just means its going to take more than your average script kiddy to get it done. Even script kiddies can crack steamworks titles.
"
They really don't want people to pirate lol holy shit that's some DRM right there. I've played one, I haven't played 2 yet so I'm not going to buy it for a bit.

In addition I DO NOT WANNA INSTALL ORIGIN GOD DAMMIT lol

Dragon Age 2 was shit. If you didn't play it, you didn't miss out on anything. I've never seen such a lazily done game from a AAA developer in my life. The battle system, and character development/customization aspect was also incredibly dumbed down over what Origins was. If Origins was an 8/10 game, then DA2 is a 5/10 game. The reason I'm not gonna buy DAI, is because from the videos and information I've seen, the game appears to be more like DA2 than DAO, which means its gonna be worse than what Origins was.
Oh, wow!! It does look like they're going to run into some serious issues cracking this. Because lords of the fallen was released over a month ago, and still no crack for that game either, and it uses a similar type of DRM.

Doesn't matter, I'll just forget the game exists.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Nov 18, 2014, 2:43:53 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Oh, wow!! It does look like they're going to run into some serious issues cracking this. Because lords of the fallen was released over a month ago, and still no crack for that game either, and it uses a similar type of DRM.

Doesn't matter, I'll just forget the game exists.

Fifa 15 uses the same and is still not cracked (after 2+ months). So yeah it will take a while.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info