KorgothBG's Top 10 Most Annoying Causes of Death

Hey guys, today i've died ( it hasn't happened in a very long time ) so i was thinking ... there are plenty of ways to die in Path of Exile... but which are the Top 10 Most Annoying Causes of Death for me? I had some free time So I've made a list .. here it is! I hope you enjoy it!

10. Attacking the Atziri with the Mirror
Spoiler
Queen Atziri surely is a deadly foe but there is one thing that will kill you in a blink of an eye! When she loses a quarter of her life (so at 75%, 50% and 25%) Atziri summons four copies of herself. Of of those copies holds the unique item Atziri's Mirror but unlike that item which reflects curses this Atziri copy reflects any kind of damage that you deal. So if you hit that copy you will die.. instantly! The good part is that you quickly learn not to attack that Atziri clone.

9. Vaal Smash Attack
Spoiler
The smash attack of the Vaal Oversoul is devastating. If not evaded it can kill you in a single blow .. especially if the Smash is delivered by the Maze map Boss or by one of the Vessels of the Vaal in the Apex of Sacrifice. It's pretty easy to avoid tho because the attack is rather slow... unless you are in a map with extra monster speed + extra boss speed.

8. Attacking Corrupted Blood Monster without having a Staunching flask
Spoiler
You receive one charge of Corrupted Blood per hit, which is a bleeding effect (physical damage over time) that stacks up to 20 charges. The amounts of life that you loose at 20 stacks are huge and if you attack very fast sometimes you end up with 20 stacks in 2-3 seconds... and trust me... you don't want your Staunching flask/flasks to be empty when that happens.

7. The Touch of God
Spoiler
The Vaal Oversoul is not the only Boss with a deadly smash attack. Dominus will use a smash attack from time to time too! This attack is slow (yet faster than the Vaal Smash) and can be avoided. Unlike the Vaal smash which deals damage only in front of the boss, the touch of God deals damage all around Dominus. Avoid that attack at all cost especially if you are in a Residence or Palace map... not to mention if the map you are in has extra boss damage modifier...

6. Volatile Flame/Ice/Storm blood
Spoiler
Volatile Flame/Ice/Storm blood is a nasty monster Nemesis Affix. When you kill an enemy with this affix it will deal damage based on the life of the monster. In a high level map with -X% max resistances, +X% extra fire/cold/lightning damage, +X% max monster life a monster with a lot of life and with this affix is deadly. If you are playing as a melee character and you deal lots of damage you might not even notice it... until it kills you.

5. Igna Phoenix
Spoiler
This Fireball hurling, Firestorm casting, Righteous Fire burning exile is one nasty rogue exile! She delivers high amounts of fire damage in no time and you don't want to face her in a -X% max resists; +X% fire damage, + Extra projectiles map.

4. Double Boss Springs map
Spoiler
Yes i know... it's just a level 68 map what can possibly go wrong? Well there is one think that can and will go terribly wrong! Everything is going well you kill the first boss and then... boom .... the second boss detonates the corpse of her fallen twin and ... you are dead... it's hilarious when you watch it happening to someone else .. but it's not so funny when it happens to you!

3. Detonated corpse
Spoiler
Usually that's not a big deal... unless you are in a high level map with -X% max resistances, +X% extra fire damage, +X% max monster life and the corpse was a tough blue monster with extra life mod ( like a Cinder Elemental)

2. Being AFK in a dangerous area
Spoiler
I don't know if this happened to you but i'm telling you it's dreadful. Be it because you though that you'll be gone for just 5 seconds and that there are no enemies on the screen or because you failed to click the town portal losing experience due to your own stupidity is an awful feeling!

Honorable Mentions
Spoiler
-Lag caused by strongboxes
-Picking up loot while in combat
-Minara Anemina and her Instable Minions
-The black fog caused by the death of a boss in the second boss room in the Apex of Sacrifice
-Magnus Stonethorn and his Flameblasts

1. Desync
Spoiler
No doubt Desync is the big winner! Not because it happens very often, not because it kills you every time when it happens but because not being responsible for your own death, not being able to do anything about it is something that no one should experience!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 19, 2014, 5:14:41 AM
Forgot to mention Strongbox lag.
Not being dead death is the most anoying death
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Deathboxes should be in there too
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

PS!
Freezes + Rogue Exile + Explodes + Lightning Storm + Detonates Corpses + Poison Cloud
"Path of Exile needs a Circlejerk Subforum" -cypherrage
Last edited by Voidin_Blitz on Nov 17, 2014, 9:23:46 PM
Can boss corpses be detonated? I was in an academy map and died after killing the boss, I dont know of its that or several unlucky streaks from undying grapplers discharging on me.
Well it's not really a desync thread .. to be honest i haven't died to desync for more than an year and i'm one of the lucky guys who rarely desyncs at all... and i never cried about it... it's just one of the things that you have to accept... it's still extremely annoying tho..

And Strongbox lag ... damn i forgot that! I found a .. trick tho ... if the box has a spell - open and run like hell ( the lag is not that bad ) the real lag of Doom is when the box spawns a rogue exile... and if it does i just reroll it! It should be in the list no doubt tho!

@awetZ020
The Tornadoes of the boss persist after his death so that might be the cause ... pretty annoying too... because you can't leech from anything and they hurt bad... never do a multiple projectiles academy.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 18, 2014, 4:23:34 AM
Worst for me was a elemental reflect Nemesis boss inside a strong box. Map wasn't nemesis dont recall seeing nemesis on strong box info. First cast boom headshot cos i didnt pop flask. Oh well its soft core...just 2 78 maps down the drain.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 18, 2014, 4:32:35 AM
"
Veiled desync thread.

I am not impressed.

Who even cares if you are impressed or not? Go nuke/derail a different thread plea.
The thread is not a dsync QQ one.. I would rather say that it's a veiled educational one for new players. Lag/exile boxes should be added too though:P
Good one.
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
3 and 4 are the same thing incognito.

Also, bone rhoas with deadly prefix are the most annoying method of death.

Suddenly, stun locked dead.

Thanks game! I love the way you wreck my face off by a pack of 7 things that charge me from off screen while I'm mid attack animation on something else and 3/4 of them crit my guts into goo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info