PoE's Kadala?(Idea,Concept)

Directly to GGG : Throughout my playthrough on Path of Exile i have encountered mediocre item drops(and i play for a long time).My whole character grind was almost exclusively from buying the items,not finding them.

So i would like to introduce a new idea that has a lot of PROS and little to no CONS,and that is making a vendor for "chancing" items. EXPLANATION: This vendor will sell all of the white item bases in the game which will be able to be bought for the cost of 1 chance orb.This is somewhat similar to D3's Kadala but there, the spawn rates for uniques were insanely high.I am not suggesting to insanely up the spawn rates of uniques that much on this vendor,I am just proposing an easier way of players finding their build required items(shavs,mjolner,void battery,volls devotion etc).Some people might say:"Your idea would make this game easy".Well i have though of that too, thats why im suggesting NOT to increase the spawn rates of uniques being generated by chance orbs.It will just encourage players to concentrate on a new way of "Crafting" and will set players on (a new economy using chance orbs)? So,my first idea was that it would be a vendor.

My second thought is THIS VENDOR TO BE RANDOMLY SPAWNED WITHING MAPS OR AREAS THROUGHOUT WRAECLAST.
If you choose to implement this thought you have to increase the spawn rates for logical reasons.Thus,players that have encountered this vendor(which may as well be as rare as an Exalted Orb drop) will have the opportunity to try their luck for chancing their "loved" white base.

My THIRD thought was about MAKING THIS VENDOR A MASTER. This master would be rarely spawned in maps or areas in Wraeclast but with a much higher spawn rate than the one on my second thought.So i thought that if this master CANNOT be put in your hideout to farm his dailies,then it is quite fair to increase the spawn rate of uniques on that master.Ofcourse as he levels up he will have more white item base items for chancing and more chances of getting a unique(this seems like a fair deal considering he cannot be farmed and will only be in a random place).Below I am giving an example of how this Vendor OR Master will work.

Whether the cost is fair to 1 chance orb or 2 chance orbs or even 3 if the POTENTIAL MASTER IS HIGHLY LEVELED UP(because he would have a higher chance of giving a unique item and increasing the price in chance orbs would seem fair) I don't really have a sense of the price but i have put deep thoughts on that idea and i think that implementing this into the game would make players stay for longer(because of the variety of builds that can be made using a variety of expensive unique items).Please keep in mind that I am not against buying the items(in the long run,it might be more worth to buy the actual item that chancing it on this vendor,because the chance of getting the unique of the white base would simply be 1 in 5000 tries theoretically if GGG won't increase the chance of getting a unique,something that i strongly encourage them to do).

EXAMPLE OF THE USE OF THIS VENDOR:

So,lets suppose we have 500 chance orbs right? We go to the vendor,or the master,or the randomly encountered vendor and we see a list of white base items.Let's try the popular Occulist's Vestment which can be chanced at a chance of giving you the popular Shavronne's Wrappings.We open the list and we select this item base.This can be done by right clicking the item base and ITEMS OF THAT BASE will be generated into your inventory.They can be blue,rare or even unique.THE ONLY EXCEPTION THAT WILL MAKE THIS VENDOR MORE BALANCED IS THAT THESE ITEMS CANNOT BE SOLD FOR ALTERATION SHARDS NOR CAN BE SOLD FOR CHISELS(following the gavel chisel recipe for example which could be a huge exploit if people just bought gavels from there and made chisels).

This is the end of my thread.Take in deep consideration what you have just read and i hope my idea seems interesting(again,i have been thinking of this for a long time).My suggestion is to SLIGHTLY increase the unique spawn rate by this vendor(JUST A BIT)so it will encourage players to use this vendor. If you like my idea leave a comment below,and if you didnt like this concept please write a comment explaining the drawbacks(I would like to know).I am asking for some GGG attention here as i am not asking for something extravagant to make.(sorry for bad english)

Cheers guys,Be careful in the World of Wraeclast!
we already got kadala
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
The idea that you've dubbed your drops as "mediocre" is your perception. If you trade, no matter what they do to the game, the drops will become mediocre. There's no way that can change. If you want a game with better drops, YOU have to change.
Well im not really talking about the chance orbs,im talking about having infinite white items to try them on.And btw thats not broken
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The idea that you've dubbed your drops as "mediocre" is your perception. If you trade, no matter what they do to the game, the drops will become mediocre. There's no way that can change. If you want a game with better drops, YOU have to change.

Concerning that,I mean that i never got the chance to actually get a shavs drop or sth like that.I didnt say im poor in any way, i just said that the DROPS were unlucky for me and for most people i guess.
I kinda like the idea having a "Caravan Master" who could randomly appear in any maps. But maybe his quests should be you must find a certain item on that map before you have access to his goods. Sometime the required item drops or it doesn't (praise RNGesus), But having unlimited shots a white item seems a bit excessive. I was thinking on the line of maybe his caravan has anywhere from +1 to +5 item levels above the current area. And like you suggested he cannot be invited to your hideout. Just my 2 Orbs worth.
Only after Midnite do the Pagans Play
Kadala is a terrible idea and one of the reasons playing D3 feels so unrewarding.
It became absurd when RIF was the popular thing to do: sit in menus all day and gamble for loot instead of actually playing and killing stuff.

I'd rather see them go the Atziri route and implement more hard optional bosses that are guaranteed to drop something decent.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
I do like the idea of randomly encountered vendors and it kinda annoys me that the masters don't act as vendors in the wild after their quest is done. I don't like the idea of an infinite white items vendor. You're just trying to get around the need for scour orbs. I don't think it needs to be easier or cheaper to chance uniques. Gamble vendors are probably necessary currency sinks in games with gold but poe doesn't need it. People would just farm normal ledge the spam chances at the white item vendor.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
holocaustus wrote:
Kadala is a terrible idea and one of the reasons playing D3 feels so unrewarding.
It became absurd when RIF was the popular thing to do: sit in menus all day and gamble for loot instead of actually playing and killing stuff.

I'd rather see them go the Atziri route and implement more hard optional bosses that are guaranteed to drop something decent.

RIFT it forward was (past tense),a player choice.If you chose to take the path of least resistance,playing dress a doll and it became unrewarding/boring then that I reckon would be the players fault .. not the games.

Hard optional bosses that have a infrequent loot drop/table (like TQ)with very low %chance to drop works for me in games that use them.

=)
"
Directly to GGG : Throughout my playthrough on Path of Exile i have encountered mediocre item drops(and i play for a long time).My whole character grind was almost exclusively from buying the items,not finding them.

You'd have done better to not have opened with this.

This, to GGG, reads; Game working almost perfectly as designed.
They will be concerned, however, with the word I bolded.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Nov 17, 2014, 10:23:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info