Aite real talks: Mirror Of Kalandra

"
Game is balanced around temp leagues I do hope most of you know that.

No doubt.. impossible to do it in standard the way it has been handled. A shame considering how many play there.
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
Removing mirrors now is meaningless, but I do wish they were never in the game to begin with. I like the idea of rare items being one of a kind.
Not again
Oblivious
"
Dalnor73 wrote:

And mirroring? Again, where is the problem?

I think the issue is that the mirror is not consumed like every other currency.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
Dalnor73 wrote:

And mirroring? Again, where is the problem?

The issue is mirror is basically a legal way to dupe. It devalues drops and amazing but not perfect items while encouraging perfect items made by rich et/ex crafters.

If there's no mirror only one or two people have the proverbial perfect loathe bane. Its so rare people maybe wouldn't want to sell it. They'd have to sell OR use it.

With mirror, no problem. just make x copies of items and collect payment.

"
DoubleU wrote:

wat ?

(Never had a mirror, have no clue how ir works...)
IGNs -> MaitresseRemi/Mamie_Machette/MainDroiteMainGauche
"
DoubleU wrote:

Exactly how many mirrors have you seen used?

I've seen a few used... And yes, it consumes the mirror on use; you go from having the mirror "on use" cursor, to having a newly-mirrored item in your cursor.

That's why I don't feel it threatens the economy much. The item is an obscenely rare drop: at the very least, an estimated 1:20,000,000+ drop for those farming, compared to, say, around 1:1,000 for uniques. (granted, that was beta-time figures)

And these are items that can only ever be used ONCE. And, as I've seen some people do, they've made poor choices on them, effectively wasting them to duplicate an item that's worth less than an exalt or two.

As far as "duping the best items in the game," because they're consumable, that means that, yes, while there ARE a few people open to you getting a mirrored version of their gear, so YES, you CAN buy such a piece, (They may offer to do it in exchange for the mirror + a few exalts) this is still far from common, let alone the norm for even level 100s.

And don't forget one last thing that crimps the value of a mirror: you can't Vaal a mirrored item, or mirror a Vaal'd item. So you can have one, or the other. Really, the introduction of Vaal orbs in 1.1.0 really did ensure that we won't have copies of the truly most powerful rares.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Infinitely being able to mirror one item is the real problem.

Once an item has been mirrored, that should be it. They should both get the "mirrored" tag.
1). I'm a bit of a perfectionist myself. I WANT GOD-TIER GEARs, with that being possible to be made in PoE is one of the reasons I am still playing this game, but I don't want to spend 2000 exalts to craft ONE piece of my set. So with mirrors, I only pay 200 for each copy. 1/10 of the price, huge benefit for me as a gear upgrade, and a nice mirror fee for the brave investor/crafter. It doesn't affect me negatively at all, thats why I'm wondering why people cry about this.

2). Nothing.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:
1). I'm a bit of a perfectionist myself. I WANT GOD-TIER GEARs, with that being possible to be made in PoE is one of the reasons I am still playing this game, but I don't want to spend 2000 exalts to craft ONE piece of my set. So with mirrors, I only pay 200 for each copy. 1/10 of the price, huge benefit for me as a gear upgrade, and a nice mirror fee for the brave investor/crafter. It doesn't affect me negatively at all, thats why I'm wondering why people cry about this.

2). Nothing.

I got it

Pure Jealousy.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info