Aite real talks: Mirror Of Kalandra

It has no effect on me. I'm nearing 2000 hours played and have seen zero mirrors.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I like all the currency in the game. Those are for if you already have everything and want the very best. Otherwise you'd just get bored be at gear cap and just quit that means less support packs for GGG.

That isn't happening now? Mirrors/Eternals allow the very best to be cloned. They allow a much easier access to the very best.

Removing them would shift the goalposts further, and make the very best something of a legend, not just a mold to pour your exalts into when you can afford it.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
i'd love to see mirrors disappear, and eternals to become about as rare as mirrors.

it would be much more interesting to have to actually craft things for yourself, and to have those power items to be muuuuuuch more rare than they are now. i'd love to see this have a permanent effect in all upcoming leagues, but i can see how nothing can be changed in the permanent leagues

i think i've personally only used a few exalts on gear for myself, which was on a ring that i don't even use anymore, bought a better one for cheaper.

right now if you just start playing the game in standard, there is absolutely ZERO incentive to craft anything for yourself, ever. you just play, save up currency and buy it all for yourself.

in my opinion this defeats the purpose of a number of great aspects this game has, including vendor recipes, crafting, masters, and hell even MF to a degree
"
xMustard wrote:
i'd love to see mirrors disappear, and eternals to become about as rare as mirrors.

it would be much more interesting to have to actually craft things for yourself, and to have those power items to be muuuuuuch more rare than they are now. i'd love to see this have a permanent effect in all upcoming leagues, but i can see how nothing can be changed in the permanent leagues

i think i've personally only used a few exalts on gear for myself, which was on a ring that i don't even use anymore, bought a better one for cheaper.

right now if you just start playing the game in standard, there is absolutely ZERO incentive to craft anything for yourself, ever. you just play, save up currency and buy it all for yourself.

in my opinion this defeats the purpose of a number of great aspects this game has, including vendor recipes, crafting, masters, and hell even MF to a degree

You CAN craft by your self you use masters, Sure you aren't going to craft something like a god tier mirror item but YOU can craft now.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
In short, I think it's much cooler to say:

Did you see that crazy good dagger in I_NO's shop?

Rather than:

I_NO has a Loathe Bane.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
I don't have a loathe bane :P
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
While I've yet to see a Mirror myself, I do feel that its existence doesn't harm the economy, really. It's not like there's a big supply, so I don't quite understand a lot of people complaining about people all running around with identical or near-identical gear, like how every character winds up going with the exact same items... Oh wait, aren't those what uniques do?

A couple of other important points were brought up as well to how this affects the economy:

All currencies are dual-purpose as consumables, which means that the game has built-in AUTOMATIC protection against any form of inflation or deflation. While values can (and will) shift around, currencies that get rare enough (compared to their use) will mostly trade, but if they get too plentiful... People will just burn them rather than trade them.

In terms of how it alters the endgame equipment situation in terms of making a "just buy the best" and making it less-enticing for "self-founds," the mirror pales in comparison to legacy gear, which, by definition, cannot be self-found. So in this sense, if one argues that mirrors should be removed because it forces a more trade-based endgame, then one should argue even moreso for eliminating all the legacy items, so nerfs to all the existing 1000 HP Kaom's, 4% ES Aegises, or Shavs with 490 ES.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Nov 18, 2014, 3:31:55 AM
mirror were fine before
then eternal came, and from that day, the collapse of path of exile began

without all these thousands perfect mirrored items, it would be much harder to grind, get better items, compete vs all the content, people would have kept much much much more interest on the game

now when you have perfect items and kill everything in 1 shot, you get bored quite fastly
Agree with most here. Eternals and mirrors together, and the fact that you can make as many copies of a perfectly crafted item as you want, does indeed have a negative influence on the game.

Do a search on loath bane ambusher (that's just one item) and you will see 35+ daggers - those are only the ones for sale...

It doesn't directly hurt us average joes in day to day playing, but it takes something away from PoE, when you have so many people having perfect items. You see quite a few people breezing through the game because they have mirrored items in all slots (hell just one mirrored weapon will kill everything). GGG can't balance the game for them without hurting us normal players. I would find it more interesting and exciting for everyone if PoE only had 1 or 2 insane items for each slot... something everyone would marvel at. Now people just buy mirrored items "casually".

Eternals do indeed seem to be the primary reason for this influx of crazy items, but also unlimited mirrors of an item imo.

Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
Game is balanced around temp leagues I do hope most of you know that.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info